Transfer superhost statust from additional host

Answered!
Carl25
Level 1
Brighton, United Kingdom

Transfer superhost statust from additional host

I own a holiday apartment abroad and have my own listing but I'm taking on an addtional host who is based locally to help manage to bookings etc. The addtional host has superhost status so is there a way to extend his status to my list so it is better featured in search results etc?

If this is not currently a feature then is it something AirBnB could look at implementing? For each listing the host has have the option to toggle on/off the superhost status.

Cheers,

Carl

1 Best Answer
JT-On-Behalf-Of0
Level 3
Santa Clara, CA

Carl,

If you are interested in having your property hosted by someone who is a superhost, you may want to consider delisting your property and having your "partner" who is a superhost list your property under his/her account instead.  Please be aware of the pros and cons.  The main pros are that your property will be listed under a superhost and therefore have greater visibility and likely higher pricing power.  Though, the con is that you lose control to your "partner".  And, all of the reviews your listing achieves will get added to your "partner" and if you should ever want to remove that partnership you'll need to start all over with zero reviews again.

View Best Answer in original post

8 Replies 8
Victoria57
Level 10
Strathpeffer, United Kingdom

@Carl25 no this is not possible as the Superhost stats relates to the main host only and not to the additional host. You don't have Superhost status so it is not surprising you can't piggyback on an additional host as it's not their account.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hello Carl

I think perhaps you misunderstand what the Superhost Status is about. It relates to how guests feel about the experience they had at a particular property and with a particular host.

Why should you and your property benefit from the hard work and effort another host has made with the property they earned the superhost status for?  It would be misleading for potential guests.

If you are a new host for your property abroad BnB autmatically ensure it is better featured for the first few weeks.

I don't really understand by what you mean to 'toggle' on an off the superhost status. Why would a host not want to have this showing.

JT-On-Behalf-Of0
Level 3
Santa Clara, CA

Carl,

If you are interested in having your property hosted by someone who is a superhost, you may want to consider delisting your property and having your "partner" who is a superhost list your property under his/her account instead.  Please be aware of the pros and cons.  The main pros are that your property will be listed under a superhost and therefore have greater visibility and likely higher pricing power.  Though, the con is that you lose control to your "partner".  And, all of the reviews your listing achieves will get added to your "partner" and if you should ever want to remove that partnership you'll need to start all over with zero reviews again.

Thank you JT, I think you understand my point of view.

The property I have will be managed by an additional host. Whilst he is managing and hosting the property it would be benifital, for him, to be able to be able to 'extend' his super host status to the property. If we ever part company, he takes his super host status with him. It's not transferred and kept by the property profile.

In terms of reviews maybe there needs to be 2 sections, one for hosting which is linked to the hosting profile, in this case the additional host, and another review section for the property, that is linked to the property profile.

Kirstie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @JT-On-Behalf-Of0,

It's great to see you giving helpful advice to other hosts! I just wanted to let you know that I have removed your 'disclaimer' as advertising is against the Community Center guidelines 

Let me know if you have any questions about this and thanks for contributing to the CC!

Kirstie

Val4357
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Hi Kirsty,

I have been reading the above thread because piggy backing on a super host status is going on around my accommodation.

As you rightly say a super host will be seen first and get priority over someone who is not and it is misleading to guests when a name/super host is attached to a listing when that person does not own or manage the property and will never meet the guests or clean the accommodation.

Host should surely mean the person who is the real time main contact. 

Do airbnb really condone the misleading of guests to achieve more views and a higher rating for a property.

Val

Hi @Val4357 🙂

I'm not sure I understand why it is misleading that the host who are in control of a listing is getting the titel superhost. The host must be great at getting great people to do the work.

If the listing doesn't live up to the requirements the host in charge will loose the titel. 

Best, Sandra 

Val4357
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Hi Sandra the problem is I think what exactly you define as “host”

the word host in England would be the person who greets you, you go to when you need a place to visit or eat.

the problem with what is going on around me is that the “super host” merely puts their name on the listing and passes on the calendar bookings to the person who is really going to interact with the guest who is not listed or mentioned in the property detail. The super host does have their own listing but has no direct dealings with the other two listings other than passing on the dates and names of the booking.

As we know Airbnb rank you above other properties listings if you display a super host rating.

so the two new properties without any bookings or reviews of their own have been bumped up the listings above others.

i do not believe this is giving the guests an honest picture.