Unable to request reference

Vinni0
Level 2
Gurgaon, India

Unable to request reference

I am unable to request references from people. The page of request reference doesn't show any link. Please help.

43 Replies 43

I have contacted Airbnb regarding this matter. They told me the 3rd tab isn't showing because they are redesging the website. 

"I would like to inform you that I was in touch with my product and development team. I got an update from them that for a time being we have disabled this feature, as we are redesigning it. "

Hope this helps! 

Thanks. I can not access it either. Hmm.. I wonder when it will be working?

It would be nice if they noted that somewhere on the site!

exact same problem! i cant see any solutions posted to this

Also, it isn't showing all of my FB friends.  There are several that I know for a fact are on both FB and AirBnB, but they are not an option on the list that AirBnB is bringing up.

Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello Bob,

That screenshot is for an old reference system. I joined as a host in October 2016 and haven't seen that "Request references" tab.

Bob, Gynne and Meltem,

I'm not sure if ye've done this already but you have to connect your Airbnb and Facebook accounts for the references feature to work.

Currently the only way to get references is through Facebook. You must connect your Airbnb account with your Facebook account and your friends must also have an Airbnb account.

If that's done, then as Wendy says, your Facebook friends who are already registered with Airbnb will appear on the references page.

If ye have already connected the accounts and your Facebook friends have an Airbnb account but it still doesn't work then contact Airbnb support.

Steve.

Eric756
Level 2
Toronto, Canada

Same here 

Alasdair6
Level 2
Scotland, United Kingdom

same problem - i know many of my FB friends are on Air bnb but Im not being given a section where i can select them to request a reference.

Hi Alasdair...yesterday an Airbnb customer service agent confirmed that this facility is now not available. Funny as two days previously, I was provided info on how to get a reference...by the same agent!

😞 

Tyler-and-Jamie0
Level 2
Florida, United States

I have this problem as well, please email me when it is fixed. Thanks.

Same here . . . 

Michelle826
Level 2
Washington, United States

I too am hoping to be able to request more references, I was able to do this I believe when I was first setting up the profile so I have three but there are other's I'd like to request this from as well. Thank you, I hope we receive an email announcement once this has be redesigned and up and going . . . 

Milena129
Level 1
Barcelona, Spain

Same here....it is not working yet...

Stacey130
Level 2
San Diego, CA

I'm a brand new Airbnb user and have been struggling to request references as well. Since I have no reviews yet the host for the location I am trying to book has justifiably asked me to request a reference. I too am only seeing the "References About You" and "References By You" tabs on the References page. Per this forum I've linked my account to Facebook, made sure that my Facebook email matches my Airbnb email (in the vain hope that that would make some difference), tried different Wi-Fi networks, the works. My profile says that my identify has been verified. I know for a fact that some of my Facebook friends use Airbnb. So far this has been frustrating and disappointing... I'm worried that I'm going to miss out on being able to rent at this location because of this.