Unfortunately, we were not able to authorize your account.

Diane1
Level 1
Gulfport, Florida, United States

Unfortunately, we were not able to authorize your account.

I've been with AIR for over a year. The last few days, it won't let me sign into my account through FB... the error message in title is what keeps popping up. Help!

102 Replies 102
Brenda1
Level 1
Hong Kong

Here too...may I know what is the problem as I would like to amend my booking which I couldn't log-in and made any amendment.

Wale0
Level 1
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

I'm having this issue as well.

I am currently unable to book an apartment because it is forcing me to go through facebook, and facebook is not authorizing me.

I've never had this problem in the past.

Fiona4
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

I'm having the same problem

Leon1
Level 1
San Francisco, California, United States

Having the same problem.  

Scott3
Level 1
Dallas, Texas, United States

same issue, upon returning to the site and logging in (via facebook as I did the first time I used Airbnb) I get the message "Unfortunately, we were not able to authorize your account."

Does anyone have a support email address for Airbnb?  I can't seem to find it on their website.

Airbnb support seemse centered around support related to an overnight stay, not their applicaiton or website.

Scott

Liz3
Level 1
Providence, Rhode Island, United States

Same here!

Chantelle1
Level 1
Fitzroy, Victoria, Australia

It was happening to me in Chrome (still is) - I restarted my computer and tried logging in using safari instead and it all worked fine..

Still doesn't work in Chrome though! 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks guys for letting me know, I am sorry to hear you are having these issues. As @Chantelle1 mentioned, it does sound like it is working fine when using a crome browser. I will pass this over to the Airbnb team so they are aware and can work on this. 🙂

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Hedinn0
Level 1
Copenhagen, Capital Region of Denmark, Denmark

Hi there! I've been dealing with the same issue for weeks now. And it doesn't help to change browsers. Any idea what the matter is or if airbnb support team is working on it?

Fabrice1
Level 1
Santa Marta, Colombia

Same here, but I only see people having this issue and no reply from Airbnb, anyone seen an effective answer? Changing browser doesnt change anything here!

Looking forward to some Airbnb assistance if there is?

IE and Edge works for me but not in Chrome.  Very troublesome having to switch between browsers.  

Julian44
Level 1
Cape Town, South Africa

Hi, it occurs in Chrome and in Firefox. The problem with logging in is very frustrating. Considering you wrote your response 10 months ago it woudl seem this is not a priority for Airbnb? Seems a silly authentication issue that should have been fixed...

That was a couple years ago. Still happening to me in 2017. 

Hi, I have excatly the same problem. Firefox works well!

Regards,

Fred

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello everyone,

I am really sorry to hear you are experiencing this problem. As mentioned in an earlier post, have you tried clearing your cookies/caches from your browser history? If so, are you still having the same problem?

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.