We have no bookings.

We have no bookings.

We have been online for about a month now and bookings begin Jan 5 2018. So far no bookings.  Is this normal? Can anyone give us any feedback or suggestions? 

Here is the link: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/21426901?location=Fairfield%2C%20CA%2C%20United%20States&tier_override=...

17 Replies 17
Jann3
Level 10
Santa Rosa, CA

@Chris-And-Jessica0,

A few details please...

So, you have been online since (roughly) the first week of October. Are you renting an apartment, studio or room? Also, are you saying you are allowing bookings as of January 5?

A few things to note, from someone in roughly your area of the country... The Santa Rosa/Napa fires absolutely killed tourism up here. It *will* come back slowly but what I've been getting is business, not pleasure, for the last month or so. Business up here generally books about 1-2 weeks in advance...so if you don't have bookings for January, I'm not surprised.

Does that help at all?

We are accepting bookings beginning Jan 5 2018. This is for an entire house. The fires came within 2 miles away so we are not affected.

@Chris-And-Jessica0,

Please realize that you are affected by them - in the eyes of tourists and businesses. The entire North Bay Area has seen a massive drop in tourism - even though many parts were left untouched by the actual flames. "2 miles" - in terms of how guests see your house - was very close. They DO get to see where your property (roughly) is located and many people visiting have heard about the fires.

I'm just saying: take that into account - and as a host you also should take into account the disasters that happen nearby when wondering why bookings are either dropping or nonexistent. You cannot operate in a bubble and expect to succeed as a host (not saying you are.)

Jann

Thanks Jann. Our perception is not their perception.

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

HI,

Did you have a look at your statistics page to check how many people viewed your listing so far ?

I also notice you promote the house especially for reunions, weddings etc.

It's price per night is same for every amount of guests up to 8, the sleeping facilities suitable for 4 couples.

Maybe consider to attract also smaller group of people at diminished price (then adding surplus for every guest after the 4th)

BTW on tuesday it's remarkebly cheaper then on other days. Maybe an idea to set this price on every weekday for up to 4 guests.

Best, Emiel

Yes. We have 115 views in the last 30 days.

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hi,

I added some remarks to my previous post, just my personal thoughts...

Best, Emiel

Thank you Emiel.

Edwin57
Level 10
New York, United States

Is to early you have to understand the holidays is around the Conner give it time patience will give you lots of rewards best of luck 

Rene-and-Zac0
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

An amazing space @Chris-And-Jessica0. In the section marked for the description of the space, you mostly talk abou the surrounding area and fluff the dream. Here is where you talk about the awesomeness of the house itself. The paragraph is just pumping up my head but does do nothing for me in detail. I walk away with ‘great looking house’ but no details. Describe the inside outside living, jacuzzi tubs or whatever. Understand, ‘the motive is the target’. You are selling a big dream, not just a ‘room’. The target group for that house is not going to be a last minute booking. I’d look for all the wedding planners in that area and send them the link to my listing. I’d also do the same for the catering companies. You are going to get bookings but they will be with advance notice and seasonal. Good luck on your adventure. 

@Chris-And-Jessica0 just a thought, you might want to stage your photos with pictures of a bride in her dress or with the bride and groom in different poses. A picture of a beautiful bride in a white dress next to the piano or a bridal party on the front lawn. Just an idea, since you’re selling dreams now, let them see THEIR dream in your space. 

Awesome! Thank you so much. Great ideas!

@Chris-And-Jessica0, your place looks amazing! It is also huge.

I would imagine that this wonderful house would be the centerpiece of a group vacation, and group vacations are not the kind of vacation that is planned and booked at the last minute.

In the past, my understanding was that hosts could see how many people had marked a listing as "Favorite" to save for later trip planning. It is too bad that doesn't appear anymore, because I'll bet your place gets marked a lot for future dream vacations.

Maybe it is the fire thing...

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Chris-And-Jessica0,

Welcome to the Community Center (CC). 

I wonder are you getting many view on your listing?

There are quite a few guides and tips on how to encourage more bookings here in the CC. I recommend taking a look at @Jennifer4's guide here.

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.