Weekly Pricing

Answered!
Chris243
Level 1
Galway, Ireland

Weekly Pricing

Hi: I have a property listed but I will only rent it for a minimum of 7 nights ... I have set a weekly rental price but it shows up on the calendar as a price per night which immediately turns people off as it seems very expensive. As I don't wish to rent the house per night I don't see the point in dividing my weekly price by 7 and putting that in as the price per night. What can I do to overcome this?

1 Best Answer
Jim-and-Marcia0
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

Hello Chris. Nice place!  I took a look at your listing and indeed you did not do the pricing as you intended. I suggest you go back to the host portal and to your listing. Go to Pricing Settings. Look at each option and complete it as you intend. You will need to choose a per night rate, not a weekly rate. Then go to the Availability Settings and choose minimum nights required as 7. The Airbnb platform will calculate it correctly for you and also will not allow a booking of less than 7 nights.

I saw your daily rate is for only one person and then you have a pretty steep rate for each additional person after the first guest. Since the property is really set up for a group, the price would get expensive quickly for the 7 guest limit. You may want to rethink that. Rarely would only one person rent a property of this size and location, so price your property for a group rate of at least four and then do the additional fee per additional guest if you wish.

Also, you have two listings for the same property. One property lists the whole house rental as the daily rate you intended and the other does not. Decide which listing you want to keep and delete the other one. Then take some time to really fill out the information for all sections. Choose a brief, but meaningful name for the listing.  If you choose to use B&B in the title, people will expect you to serve breakfast. Be sure to add more photos and use the caption feature.

Lovely location and nice accommodation!

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

airbnb is not so well adapted to listing holiday rentals by the week.  The nightly price will show, you will have to live with that.  When guests book 7 nights they will get a quote for a week anyway, so I cannot see it matters much.

Then you will have to work with your calendar settings for minimum stay, arrival day etc.  

Many thanks for your reply ...

Jim-and-Marcia0
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

Hello Chris. Nice place!  I took a look at your listing and indeed you did not do the pricing as you intended. I suggest you go back to the host portal and to your listing. Go to Pricing Settings. Look at each option and complete it as you intend. You will need to choose a per night rate, not a weekly rate. Then go to the Availability Settings and choose minimum nights required as 7. The Airbnb platform will calculate it correctly for you and also will not allow a booking of less than 7 nights.

I saw your daily rate is for only one person and then you have a pretty steep rate for each additional person after the first guest. Since the property is really set up for a group, the price would get expensive quickly for the 7 guest limit. You may want to rethink that. Rarely would only one person rent a property of this size and location, so price your property for a group rate of at least four and then do the additional fee per additional guest if you wish.

Also, you have two listings for the same property. One property lists the whole house rental as the daily rate you intended and the other does not. Decide which listing you want to keep and delete the other one. Then take some time to really fill out the information for all sections. Choose a brief, but meaningful name for the listing.  If you choose to use B&B in the title, people will expect you to serve breakfast. Be sure to add more photos and use the caption feature.

Lovely location and nice accommodation!

Many thanks for your reply and advice ... and thanks also for being so complimentary ... the explanation for the 2 listings is that from May to September we operate mainly as a B&B (and that does indeed involve serving breakfast - the 'full Irish' being the most popular !!) while for the other months the plan is to rent the property as self-catering with a 1 week minimum rental period. I will review the listing based on your advice and see where that takes us. Many thanks again ...

Chris