Weekly discounts and enquiries

Turquoise0
Level 2
Rethimnon, Greece

Weekly discounts and enquiries

Hi everybody! I have a question with the weekly discount and how important is? Could you please tell me if is it better to put a discount or not? For example in  my listings I put a nightly rate and a weekly discount to attract weekly travellers! In my area travellers mostly prefer to book for a week. However, other hosts do not put a weekly discount. Is weekly discount influences the rate of enquiries? or not? Could you please help me ?

4 Replies 4
Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

@Turquoise0 Hello after looking at your listings I tried to delete my response. You don't need my help on here. Happy Hosting. Clara

I don't understand why you don't want to help me. anyway. thanks. I am confused to something and I am searching in order to fix my issue

Paul154
Level 10
Seattle, WA

There are two easy ways to discount longer stays - A weekly discount and/or a high cleaning fee.

I don't get long stays and don't particularily want them. So I have a low weekly discount of 3% and a reasonable cleaning fee

@Turquoise0, whether you have a weekly discount or don't have a weekly discount is generally not important.

What is important is the price your guest sees.

For example: Host 1 has a nightly price of $500/night and a weekly discount of 10%.

Host 2 has a nightly price of $400/night, but no weekly discount.

One week at host 1: 7x$500 = $3500 less 10% = $3150

One week at host 2:7x$400 = $2800 no discount = $2800

Does the guest care that host 1 has a discount?

Set your price to what you want your price to be. 

People will pick their travel dates for their own reasons. They generally will not change their vacation plans just because you offer a weekly discount.

Plus, if you offer too much of a weekly discount, there have been stories of guest reserving the whole week but only intending to stay 5 or 6 nights. The weekly discount made it cheaper to reserve 7 nights and only stay 6, rather than just reserve and pay for only 6 nights.

(So if you do offer a weekly discount, make sure 7 nights always costs more than 6 nights).