Why does Airbnb not have a pet fee option for hosts? SO simple!

Shelley56
Level 1
Austin, TX

Why does Airbnb not have a pet fee option for hosts? SO simple!

Unless I'm missing something, there is NOWHERE in the current listing options to add for a pet fee to be automatically applied, like the cleaning fee. This seems a VERY easy, standard, common thing so I cannot figure out why Airbnb does not have this feature as a host option.

Why, Airbnb - why do you not have this very simple option for hosts??

35 Replies 35

Here is a cut and paste from Airbnb’s policy. 

Note that given their role in providing service or emotional support, assistance animals should not be left alone at a listing.

Looks like ABB have added that, pretty sure it did not used to be there.

They do change things and usually without telling people, this whole thread of course is about current policy, next week next month who knows.

David

@David126 - It's good to see they've added that line because we've had multiple requests for "emotional support cats" who were going to spend all their time without their owners just loose in our guest room.  Um, no - if you need emotional support, you must take that pet with you at all times or it needs to be fully crated when left behind.  You don't just need the animal when you are brushing your teeth, that's not how it works and if you're not here, there is no reason for them to have the run of the house if their function is to provide comfort.  

@Alice-and-Jeff0

I thought it was not there, annoying when policy changes and they do not tell you!

Never had a cat, I am sure my Emotional Support Dog would love to play with an Emotional Support Cat.

I do not let people leave their animals on site, well if they are popping out for dinner, but not all day.

David
Christine3315
Level 1
Schenectady, NY

FYI...I have switched to Homestogo.com because they have the "pets allowed" option.

Do you get a lot of bookings through them? Compared to Airbnb?