Why is my listing not appearing in search results?

Melinda32
Level 1
Budapest, Hungary

Why is my listing not appearing in search results?

Hello everyone,

I see that many of us is struggling with the same problem; I am absolutely unable to find my listing when I search. Of course when I try Airbnb Help, it shows my flat. But whoever else does a search, it cannot be found. I have used all kinds of search options and limits, I have zoomed onto the street fully and nothing. I am completely new, so I suggested it might take some time to appear. But that makes no sense. I can't even say that I overpriced the place, because all the apartments around have almost the same price or higher.

So what might be the reason and how in the hell do I fix it?
Thank you!

(It took me ways too long to get through all the bureucratic stuff and I guess I am a bit frustrated that I bump into more obstacles here.)

21 Replies 21

@Suka0Seems many people have this problem!  Called and spent over an hour on phone...think problem fixed. maybe temporarily!

I'd call the helpline.  someone sent me this link which is helpful.  Though I still wonder if 'instant book' plays a part in it.  Many people feel pressured to do it and penalized if they don't. good luck! peter

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Community-Help/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide/m-p/16165#M...

Svein0
Level 2
Canary Islands, Spain

I had the same problem, talked to a customer rep by email who couldn't give any good explanation at all. Finally I listed my property with 2 other listing services, and it proves right. The dates that don't show with Airbnb are now booked through other other listing sites.

Cindy164
Level 1
Salem, OR

im having the same problem. my listing doesnt come up when i look in my town. what to do?

Pamela81
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

I have the same problem. I search by dates and type of accomodation. The results comes back saying these are the only properties available and it does not include mine even though I know the property is available. It is crazy. 

Keti8
Level 2
Tbilisi, Georgia

Dear All, I'm a new host on Airbnb.com and I have same problem. if my apartment  does not appear in the searching list, it means that nobody from airbnb visitors can book and see my place. How this problem can be solved ?

@Keti8, your listing is on the map.

Usually I can provide some information about where you rank in the search results, but it seems AirBnB has changed something about how the map works.

You listing is on it, though.

Screen Shot 2018-03-19 at 11.08.34 PM.png

Dear @Keti0 ! Already one year had passed since I joined Airbnb, and that I had this problem. The thing is that it takes some months until you will see a bigger change in bookings or requests. I think everyone is shocked and scared at the beginning, because we'd expect or need people to stand in queues in front of our doors, but it REALLY takes time 😕 I am the impatient type tho, so it is rather a pain. But anyway, keep going, upload pics, update info, refresh your descriptions every now and then... That will bring you through the first period. And after about 4 to 5 months you'll see, you won't even care about checking whether your home could be find by you or not. You have started just in good time this year, like this summer can be already busy 🙂 
Note: Contact though the airbnb support if a lot of time passes and you still have no bookings, 'cause then there might really be a problem.

All my best wishes,

Melinda