Wish List Happy Time

Bruce0
Level 3
Quesnel, Canada

Wish List Happy Time

I do not know how other hosts view it but here in the middle of nowhere, in the middle of dead season I love to preview my listing and check if the number of "Save to Wish List"s has changed. I know it is even more meaningless than reviews but somehow seeing that number climb makes me warmer and happier than getting another 5-star review. I guess a climbing number is also another indication of doing things right! I know Airbnb put the option there for the benefit of the traveler but it gives me strokes too. Anyone else get the same pleasure?

I am 80 total saves for 40 stays of which only 5 had us in their wish list. What is your gloat?

6 Replies 6
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

@Bruce0,

I still have not figured out how to do that.  Maybe I am missing something.  

Please disregard - just figured it out.  I am only at 16.

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

how are we able to view this? I am unable to find it.

Hi @Jared2

Go to your calendar and then choose "View listing".  When you are viewing your listing, go to "Save to Wishlist" but do not click.  There will be a small box which will show how may times people have saved it to their wish list.

Cheers

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Wow, 169 times for me!

Thanks for this helpful tip

Wow thanks!!!!! You learn something new every day for me its 350 and 215 (2 listings) Not bad as we onlys started in August

Hi there!
It is interesting to note that, when one host enters in the preview of his/her listing in order to check the "how many times it is saved in a wish list", this is counted as (+1 ) view of this listing.
This way, the stats of our listings are "altered" by our own "views".
The best solution to this would be if Airbnb would move (or better copy) this piece of info into the host's dashboard.
Another solution might be to exclude the host's IP from view-count. (not so easy though, as from mobile devices the IP is always changing)
If you find this interesting, as I do, perhaps we could get organised in order to ask Airbnb to do this.
Cheers