iphone 4 is not THAT old! I should be able to use the AirBnB app! :(

Justin80
Level 1
Wellington, New Zealand

iphone 4 is not THAT old! I should be able to use the AirBnB app! :(

It's appalling to me that a site like AirBnB, who I thought were conscious of the environment, should expect me to throw away my perfectly working iphone 4 just so I can use their app!
Why can't they provide an older version?

or why can't they make a usable iphone4 compatible app? 

It's very hard to respond in time to requests without the app
and it is just so infuriating that my very normal phone and commonly used is not supported!!! 

I hate gadgets and have no interest in getting another  $1000 phone for this to happen in 4 years time again 😞 

7 Replies 7
Crystal28
Level 1
Denver, CO

As an app designer - it is very difficut to support older phones 

That phone is a totally different size and is significantly different in specs - apple themselves do not support that phone and so it would be extremely dangerous to develop in that it could break easily- creating unstable products will never be a priority - it is the nature of planned obsolescence 

Justin80
Level 1
Wellington, New Zealand

I'm just a consumer with a perfectly good phone. I'm not responsible for app designing but I shouldn't have to throw my phoner away... it's just not right. I can't believe people let Apple do this to them. Criminal. 

James1
Level 10
SF, CA

Blame Apple not airbnb. That's why I switched to Android.

Jess21
Level 10
Austin, TX

You can still use the web login on the phone although they annoyingly tell you to use the app 100x per minute....

Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

Not that old?  They're on the 7 now!   It was discontinued over 3 years ago - you can't expect app developers to support a discontinued model forever.

why not? iphone 4 still works perfectly? It's a disgraceful wasteful attitude that people just throw things away... in fact I even have a 2015 American android phone and there is no difference between the 2 things... but I can't use that one in NZ.