a guests complaint about accuracy

Jeanne93
Level 1
Cape Town, South Africa

a guests complaint about accuracy

hi there. Just had a guest mention to AIRBNB that the listing wasnt accurate because his wifi signal was very weak. we never even advertised the property with wifi so the fact that he had any was a bonus. Despite that his complaint has been noted with Airbnb who has "warned" us. this seems unfair and ridiculous. how can someonoe complain about something that wasnt even offered and then we are penalised for it?

jeanne

Cape Constantia cottage

8 Replies 8
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Jeanne93 Possibly you need to get used to guests complaining about something that was not in the offer. Probably each host here might provide you with stories about such guests. It's just a part of hosting. Airbnb will only step in if the case is outstanding in their opinion. 

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Jeanne93

The "warning" is probably an automatic message because the guest has given you less than 5* for accuracy.  He is then allowed to specify the issue.

Most guests will assume there is wifi, so you need to be up front with that in a prominent place in your listing and also point it out in your welcoming message so that they have a chance to cancel if this is a dealbreaker.  

hi Marit,

thank you for the explanantion. we will note that for the future. x

Cormac0
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Jeanne

I would love to hear an explanation about this from Airbnb, it sounds absolutely ridicules to me.

What next a baby paddling pool that should have being a swimming pool in the guest eyes, Airbnb is getting worse for excepting this nonsense.

Regards

Cormac

The Explorer's Club Krakow III

After hosting hundreds of guests, I have just had my only accuracy comment yesterday, the guest didn't have enough room for his "suitcase or to put down a wallet"??? My photos are all accurate and up to date and no one else has ever complained. By the way this guest totally disregarded my parking rules and moved my outdoor furniture to park their car. They just entered the studio and did not bother letting me know they had arrived when they knew I was waiting to meet them. Some people are just rude and selfish. Everyone is a critic today.

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

I have not had those automated messages in some time. I remeber having a few in a short period.

That is what the delete button is for, seems no way to unsubscribe from them.

I had a weird one the other week saying I did not have a Restaurant?, I do not provide food, well I often leave pastries out in the morning but do not advertise that.

David
Josee6
Level 2
Fort Walton Beach, FL

Hello! I just had my first inaccuracy complaint also after hosting hundreds of guests; I advertise a couch as the 5th bed. My listing is clear; sofa bed 0, couch 1. My guest complained she  thought I had a sofa bed and put a 4 out of 5 for accuracy... why does this Airbnb review system allow for a guest who cannot read or doesn’t take the time to do so? There should be a provision made for the guest to change their review after the host explains to them. 

She also left me a 4 out of 5 for cleanliness after stating that there was no toilet brush. Well there is one, right next to the toilet, and if she had bothered to ask me, I would have showed her where it was or brought her one if it was truly missing.  To stay there for a whole week, never contact me and then complain about it is just not right.

Salem2
Level 10
Al Hadd, Oman

This whole rating system doesn’t work, since when is 4-stars a bad review? it makes no sense in the real world.

As for the warnings they are automated so try to ignore them 4/5 stars = low rating, rubbish! 

If you get a 4-star rating celebrate, I am sure your guest left it thinking is was a good review, especially if the comments are mostly positive.