bad guests

Sue-And-Calvin0
Level 1
Cape Town, South Africa

bad guests

Hi 

I am a superhost on Airbnb . Just had my first exerience with difficult guests and dont know how to handle it with regards to their review and what they are going to say on mine. They ask for a daily maid , i quotd them and theyleft without paying. They were still in the house 4 hours after i asked them to check out. i am normally flexible with this but had tenants checking in the sme day. was a made panic to sort things out as we had so little time. they felt nothing to sms at 1.30 am looking for a corkscrew which was in the drawer.

i let them know i was unhappy with the checkout situation and their comment was well the maid can just clean around us.

They strangely were also air bnb host once- thy let out a room in their apartment in paris and they get good review??

i dont like being negative but i need to protect my listing ?

1 Reply 1

Hi @Sue-And-Calvin0,

This is what most hosts do,

1) First right the positives.

2) Write the negatives, OR mention "hotel accomodation is more suitable for the guest"

3) Include star rating in the review for other hosts to know eg. Cleanliness 5 stars. Observance of House Rules 2 stars. Communication 4 stars.

Don't worry about what they are going to write. They cant see your review until they write one for you. If they make any false claims in the review, contact Airbnb and request them to take it down, they'll oblige.

Good luck,

Jeet