can't reach guest

Kiriko0
Level 2
New York, NY

can't reach guest

I have guests coming next month in July. I still have time to contact with them. However, due to busy time, I wanted to make sure all are organized. I spoke to guest in Feb 15, since then I can't reach them. I sent messages through airbnb. I found them on facebook, and sent a message as well. I finally call to Mexico. (I don't speak spanish though.. 🙂 I found out the phone number is invalid! I do not know how to contact them. I thought the phone number was verified by airbnb?? 

6 Replies 6
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

There can be all sorts of reasons - they may be dead or arrested or whatever.  They may have moved on and forgotten to update their profile, a divorce or split up and booking forgotten.  The funds are collected from their card, so you will get paid whatever the reason.

Contact airbnb and make them help you with the search.  

i am having the same problem right now.  can't reach a guest for some time now  they are supposed to be here in a couple days and no response?????

Oriane1
Level 1
Hong Kong

Same problem here. I tried to reach my guest for a couple of days, by email, sms, phone and no reply. She is suppose to check in tomorrow. It seems there is no way to contact airbnb customer support. Any advice?

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Kiriko0 we had similar situation last week with our guests, they didn't contact us at all for 1 month  and then called that they are in front of the building 🙂  We sent them messages on the ABB and they received it as SMS from ABB on their phone. They answered by SMS but of course I didn't get their SMS answer because it was sent to ABB phone number.

Some guests give an email address to ABB but they don't check that email after they book 

Some guests can not make international calls with their mobile phones , or just use different phone no while traveling... etc..

But if they don't contact you 1 month before arrival you can contact ABB to cancel their reservation because the worst scenario would be that your guests cancel few days before arrival.

Duje0
Level 2
Split, Croatia

@Kiriko0First of all Happy New year and all best in 2017.

Few days ago i got same problem as you.

Trying reach guest with Airbnb message 4 days before then come,. but they didnt ansewer.

I post on Airbnb faceboook page about my problem , and about 30 minutes later someone from Airbn call me.

After all , problem was that my guest's forgot their code for their airbnb account so they coudn't reach me.

I hope it help.

Cheers

Kiriko0
Level 2
New York, NY

I tried to contact my guest through sms, phone, email and  I finally contacted him through facebook.

Since then, he was very awear of replying messages. I think he was just easy going.. 

I wish air bnb can deal with this problem somehow.

I don't have much advises, just keep contacting them...