% discount offers

Annelise9
Level 1
Adelaide, Australia

% discount offers

Hi Im wondering if it is possible to offer 10% discount on certain dates without air bnb prompting it? 

Also i saw someone offer 20% discount on next 3 bookings, how can these be applied to a listing?

Thanks and

kind regards

3 Replies 3
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

I am not convinced of the marketing value of offering a "discount", @Annelise9.  How would a guest in search mode be aware of the "next three bookings".  I think it is simpler to just go to the calendar and reduce the price.  It is better suited to the search system.  For example if you offered a discount for 3 days in March and someone only wanted two of the days, what about the third day?  If you just reduced the price for the days, guests could use search dates that included all or part of the dates and see the lower rate.  Just a thought.

Thanks Linda, 

that is a very good point, i will reduce the prices also. Muchly appreciated.

I just noticed when i did a search that some properties have the discount highlighted and that may entice people to look at their listing. Here in the Barossa Valley there is a HUGE number of bnbs so the most difficult part is attracting people in that first stage of searching. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to reply anad offer great advice.

Kind regards 

Annelise

Melody101
Level 2
Goshen, IN

I think this is a very valid question. I personally would like to be able to add a banner or highlight that I'm discounting a certain weekend. That way people searching for places on that particular weekend would be aware of the fact I'm offering a discount rather than me just lowering prices and they don't know their getting a discount.  Does anyone have any other input on this?