how do i add neighborhoods to my city.

Johanna17
Level 2
Medellín, Colombia

how do i add neighborhoods to my city.

My city, Medellin, Colombia, has more-than 3M residents, yet i guess we are just one big neighborhood according to airbnb. Does anyone know how i can get them added to the search criteria. i'm not sure if your city must have a certain size population, a certain number of airbnb listings, or just a powerful tourist board.

thanks,

daniel francisco

3 Replies 3
Keith0
Level 9
Calgary, Canada

You can search by neighborhoods, AFAIK. Just try a search for Poblado versus Estadio, you should get different results. But understand that the way Airbnb searches is not like a normal search engine. For an excellent article on geography, cartography and Airbnb search see: http://nerds.airbnb.com/mapping-world/

HTH Keith

Paul0
Level 10
Brunswick, Australia

Hi @Johanna17,

Airbnb add these to cities as they expand the program out. If you're really keen contact them via help and offer some assistance and maybe that'll spark them into action.

Otherwise, don't sweat it too much, they will get there eventually.  You can always prepare your own Guidebook for your Guests. 🙂

Cheers,

Paul

---

If someone provides a useful response send with a thumbs up!

Useful Links to Check Out:

Co-Organiser of Melbourne's Finest... Hosts too! 🙂

Hey Paul.
thanks for your quick response. thanks for the idea. i will send airbnb an email asking if i can help them with neighborhood development in Colombia.
cheers and happy hosting!,
Dan