how to upload a photo of ID to verify

Lisa37
Level 3
Pelican Lagoon, Australia

how to upload a photo of ID to verify

I need to verify my photo government ID to book with another host.
I can't work out how to do it.
I do not have a camera on my PC, and if I take a photo of my passport, where is the fuction to upload the photo file?

I am a host, who has taken many bookings in the last year.  This is my first experience with making a booking and it is very frustating.
Surely it should not b e this hard to verify!

100 Replies 100

I've been trying to verify my ID since last night.im giving up now and booking elsewhere.if I had a property to rent I definitely would not be using ai rbnb ad it's a complete nightmare. 

I have successfully uploaded my photo id (driver's license. I now am being asked to have my computer or the Arbnb device take a picture of me. I have given my phone numer and successfully received a call from Arbnb, BUT I do not receive text messages to the same phone.

Can I get some help?

Jennifer1190
Level 1
Montreal, Canada

Absolutely stupidity figuring this out, should be the easiest thing to do, especially for such a multi billion company, it's a bit old school 

That is the same thing for me, i have been trying for hours since i was loyal to airbnb but now iam leaving this website and their service and i will not recommend any family members to be a part of this system anymore. broken system. this should be a option for new members and not for old members who have and cause no problems 

I lost more than 30 hrs working on it but Failed.

But, My smart daughter  Aditi did it for me in 20 minutes. 

I am lucky.

AIRBNB should look into it to make things easier, not everyone is a computer genius.

Make life safe but not complicated, please.

Roger393
Level 2
Wales, United Kingdom

How exactly did she do it ? Thanks

@Farid41 wrote:

I lost more than 30 hrs working on it but Failed.

But, My smart daughter  Aditi did it for me in 20 minutes. 

I am lucky.

AIRBNB should look into it to make things easier, not everyone is a computer genius.

Make life safe but not complicated, please.

Sarah-Louise0
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

I have looked at my profile many times and cannot even see where I need to try and upload the docs...HELP

Tanya217
Level 1
Warwick, Australia

This system is crap. Have spent hours trying to book accommodation. Won't photograph . Very angry.  System failure.

Michael2425
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

It took me a while to figure this out. I took photos of our passports on my iPad and sent them as attachments to the email address that luckily was on the top of the booking confirmation sent by our host. They arrived ok. Not all booking confirmations give an email address and neither the AirBnB app nor the website give any advice or help with regard to this vital requirement of some countries. Let them know about the problem and they may get around to fixing it.

Jamie347
Level 2
Silver Spring, MD

I am having problems too: I'm trying to book an experience for myself and my mother but when I try to take pictures of my ID, they're dark and blurry no matter how bright the room I'm in and the selfie is totally black. When I check my camera, no problems. So the issue seems to be the Airbnb app. Using a Google pixel fyi. Can anyone help?

am having the exact same problem. None of these "solutions" are working. So frustrating

My phone keeps telling me to enable camera and I have done this over and over  very frustrating  how the heck can I make it work

Sandra1751
Level 1
Mynydd Isa, United Kingdom

Having the same problem. Find the Airbnb Help centre totally useless for anything at all. Wont be bothering again and will go back to other more straightforward ways to book accommodation in future

Sai17
Level 1
Nagpur, India

I am trying to verify my ID and this was my 16th attempt!! I dont understand what is the issue! they say photo isnt clear, then they should provide another alternative to upload the scanned document from mobile gallery. Oh wait! Then they say its a copy. I lost my reservation due to this and yet to get a refund! Either you dont take money first or simplify the verification process!! 

Jenny306
Level 2
Dundee Beach, Australia

I lost a booking last night as the client wanting to book could not upload her photo and was then locked out.

How do clients do this