iPhone app is crashing

iPhone app is crashing

Hi - The Airbnb iPhone app is crashing repeatedly on iPhone 5, iOS 9.3.1. Any word on Airbnb fixing this? I do all my hosting communication through the app.

22 Replies 22
Dede0
Level 10
Austin, TX

A good guess would be that after this length of time, they've simply left the iPhone 5 behind. You might try deleting and reinstalling the app, but if that doesn't help, you'll probably have to give up on the app for messenging untit you upgrade your phone. And, yes, that sucks. On the other hand, the iPhone app sucks in so many ways (even with version 6 phones) that I wouldn't rely on it anyway.

Hi Samantha, i have and iphone 6, and the Airbnb app has been crashing for the past weeks, it's very frustrating. Hope they fix the issue soon.

@Valeria36 AirBnB has issued at least 2 app updates in the past few weeks, Check for those. Also, ANY time you update any "important" app, always reboot your phone. Just two days ago, I updated over 20 apps. After the update, almost all of them would crash within 10-20 seconds of starting. I rebooted and that problem went away.

Extra Nerd Tip: Don't just reboot once. Reboot twice in a row. I'd explain, but it would be long and nerdy and wouldn't make sense.

I was having the same issue with my iphone6.  I finally deleted the app and reinstalled it and it's working fine now.

Same problem as mine tried to factory reset my phone luckily my apps is working well now try to save all the important details first before doing this because all files will be deleted and your fone will good as new. 🙂

Glenda8
Level 1
Vienna, Austria

I have an IPHONE 5S and is also crashing... indeed very frustrating: Cannot see the calendar, nor the messages, nor give any comments... I do not have all day long access to my computer, the phone APP was fantastic until a couple of weeks ago, in which it started crashing.

I installed again the Airbnb APP... got even worse. I installed the new IOS... no use.

This has to be solved ASAP... how can we secure that our guests get the information, if we cannot even access to their emails?

Please update and help!

Greetings from Vienna,

Glenda

Rosalia6
Level 1
Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy

Having trouble downloading airbnb app to use on my iphone 4s with ios 7.2.1

Cannot download new app since it is only available on iphone with ios 8 or higher.

What can I do??

@Rosalia6 Sell your old phone and get a new one. You can get around $110 for a 4S. Or, for less cost than a new iPhone, buy the small iPad and carry it around in a purse.

Ricardo77
Level 1
Joinville, Brazil

APP for IOS 10 Beta is not work

Paulina11
Level 1
Helsinki, Finland

This has nothi g to do with the phone. The new app is crashing every 30 seconds. It won't hold more than 2 min, and automated from app help message contains malicious file to airbnb.
This is bollocks. We have two newest iphones and app crashes on both!!!!
We can not do any search via app, searches aren't saved neither.

This is a hella bug, plus seems like apps safety and web have been compromised.
Web stores our info within. We deleted tge apps. now...
Thinking to cancell the account altogether.

I am using an iPhone 6+. I have done a few updates in recent weeks and even days, and I have experienced crashing while using the app. Today (just an hour ago), I have updated the latest Version 16.44. The app crashes many times after I have tried to launch it. Each launch only lasted a few seconds. It is rather frustrating and it seems that it can go on for a long while. I hope the Airbnb Team can get it fixed very soon.

Beyond crashing... if you use Safari when you do a search with a specific date as a guest many places that are available will NOT show up in your search = hosts, guests and Airbnb missing out on $. The places will show up if you use "anytime" in the search window.

Tim131
Level 1
San Francisco, CA

iPad app crashing for me on every launch.  This makes AirBnb an unusable service.

@Tim131 You didn't mention what version of the iPad you have. If it's more than 3 years old, consider upgrading. (Annoying, for sure, but often a fact of life with older devices.)

In any case, have you rebooted the iPad? Try that. Better yet, before you reboot, remove the AirBnB app from the set of "background" apps. You probably know how to do that, but if not: Double click the Home button. That will bring up a view of all the apps you've used recently. Swipe sideways through the set until you see the AirBnB app. Then swipe UP to send the app off the top of the screen. Now reboot your iPad and give the app a try.