is it ok to contact a guest and offer future booking dates before I make them available to everyone

Joseph-and-Nina0
Level 2
Charlottesville, VA

is it ok to contact a guest and offer future booking dates before I make them available to everyone

I'm a new host and have several high demand periods in our area. We only allow bookings out 3 months. Is it ok to contact a guest and offer future booking dates before I make them available to everyone

5 Replies 5
Lyndsey2
Level 10
Stonington, CT

I can't see why not. I don't open my listing very far in advance either but if a returning guest requested a date I hadn't opened yet, I'd be happy to give it to them. 

Edwin57
Level 10
New York, United States

Very thoughtful of you that's what I like about us Host  careing

Susie5
Level 10
Boston, MA

@Joseph-and-Nina0, I did this for a group of runners who stayed with me last year for the Boston Marathon and they were very happy to be contacted, and have booked again for this year's race. I held the dates for them since it's a super-high demand time, and I gave them a really good rate (they probably don't realize that but it's all the same to me - they were really good guests (and fast runners too!).  

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

I do it all the time. I have my list of 'old-time' Airbnb favorites, and let them know when there is a cancellation before opening dates at large on the Airbnb calendar.

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

I think cultivating returning guests is a win-win situation, @Joseph-and-Nina0.  If you enjoyed hosting a guest/guests, why not have that experience again.  New guests can be exciting and fun but there are also risks with the unknown.  Good luck!!