map search missing?

Martha-and-Dennis0
Level 6
Scottsdale, AZ

map search missing?

Has anyone else noticed map search is no longer showing? It does not show where a listing is until you are signed in and looking at a specific listing. It makes it really hard for travelers to find a place to stay in a convenient location for their trip. I know when I travel I like to find a place maybe by the transit system or a local attraction I plan on visiting. Wonder why Airbnb took away this essential functionality for travelers/guests?

22 Replies 22
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hello @Martha-and-Dennis0 ,

Map can be turned "on" in right-upper corner, it's "off" by default.

Sorry but there is nothing in upper right of my screen. There used to be the 'user photo'  but that is gone. Also, log out is now hidden at bottom of list on left.

Here's a photo of my screen. There is no button in upper right. No map search makes it very hard to plan a vacation.screen airbnb.png

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hello @Martha-and-Dennis0 ,

On my screen there are four listings in one row, and upper right is the turn map on/off feature. To mee it looks there is something missing on the right of your screen.

What happens if you look at the search map of your own listing ?:

https://www.airbnb.com/s?host_id=95210428

BTW is your browser on 100% screen display (so not zoomed in) ?

Best regards, Emiel

no way to do that on my screen either

I found it accidentally a few minutes ago and it is gone now.

This happens to me all the time!

Hey Ashley...Set your screen zoom to 90 % or less. The map will appear. Cheers...Frank

THANK YOU !

while searching, after pulling out some hair and considering hiring someone to do this I accidentally found a map icon in the middle of the search results at the bottom of the screen.   almost booked a hotel.  This has not save me money because my time cost me too much.  So the app has already lost in the test of time.  We will see.

Grant80
Level 2
Saint Paul, MN

The typical AirBNB traveler while searching for lodging will NOW see a general map of the area. As a result, customers no longer have the choice of searching for lodging using the very helpful original map concept. Instead, you are advised that, "Exact location information is provided after a booking is confirmed"??? WHAT'S THE POINT OF THAT!!! This is a perfect example of "technology centric businesses". AirBNB needs to have real life business people (marketing etc.) to give the "customer" as many useful tools as possible in fine tuning their search. The result is happy customers, willing to share the benefits of AirBNB, not complain about ill thoughout map retooling!

Not so sure you are right. I thought maps were gone, but I tried this: Searched on London UK. I clicked about 1/4th of the way down the screen on the left where it said "155 Airbnb Plus homes available in London". When I did that, a new screen with a map on the right came up. There was no map on the home page.

Not so sure you are right. I thought maps were gone, but I tried this: Searched on London UK. I clicked about 1/4th of the way down the screen on the left where it said "155 Airbnb Plus homes available in London". When I did that, a new screen with a map on the right came up. There was no map on the home page.

I'll try that. What a pain that they dont make this easier!

Jason782
Level 2
Cypress, TX

Is there a human being from AirBnB on this AirBnB web page?  The question is, “Has the search by map function been removed?” I am using an IPad.  I have tried the App and Chome.  Response please...