nightly pricing

Delatour0
Level 2
Palm Desert, CA

nightly pricing

Lizzie,

Greetings from another Brit in California! When a guest is searching on the page that shows a list of all the appropriate and available homes and prices  (price is on the right) the price next to my listing shows $605, which I assume is the nightly price? But in fact my nightly price right now is $350 weeknights and $525 weekends.This is on my calender. If a guest clicks on my photo it shows all info regarding my listing, and at the bottom of the page it shows the correct nightly price for the time guest wants. What is $605?? This is high for my listing and will put people off initially unless they click on the photo and see the correct price....

please advise....

thanks

Dela

3 Replies 3
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hello @Delatour0,

The price shown when searching without specific dates is  $350,- .

When using specific dates the average price is showing, including costs like tax (11% Palm Desert Transient Occupancy Tax)

Delatour0
Level 2
Palm Desert, CA

thanks Emiel, 11% on $350.00 is $38.50, so total is $388.00.

Is the cleaning fee being added too? ($250.00) If so then the total for per week night plus 11%, plus cleaning is $638.00, not $605. The cleaning fee and Tax are one time charges, so shouldnt the listing just show average price until the full information is accessed? 

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hello @Delatour,

I did not see  $605,- showing up in search results.

BTW The tax is also applied on the cleaning fee.

I simulated some bookings and all so looked in search results on same dates.

The listing shows a price on the map which seems to be : the nightly price + (cleaning fee/amount of nights). So for 3 nights it says: 433,- , for four nights: 413,- etc.. So not the taxes included, but the cleaning fee.

Best regards, Emiel