quality sheets and towels

quality sheets and towels

being new and all, i have to ask...

i got waterproof mattress covers and pillow protectors. i got white cotton sheets.  i got white towels.  the protectors are great.

the cheap cotton sheets probably weren't cotton.  i found them on amazon with a lot of paid reviews.  the white towels are already starting to fall apart.  they were on serious sale with high ratings

i go to the dollar store and/or buy bulk individual servings of soaps, so i figure that's good.  but i'm having fits over the expense of crappy linens.

does anybody have recommendations on where to get good quality sheets and towels that last a long time and are inexpensive?  i know, right?

thanks

66 Replies 66
Sarah706
Level 3
Las Vegas, NV

I only shop online for sheets & towels as I don't have time to bargain hunt for discounted linens at any chain stores. I also host about three different bookings a week so I have a good amount of guest traffic. If my linens last 3-4 months, I'm happy with that. I buy 300-400 count cotton sheets and cotton towels. I found an online shop and the quality is great so far as my sheets have lasted over 6 months. I agree, Amazon's sheets are pretty bad and I get frustrated trying to find a reliable source. The site I currently use to shop is https://airbnbhostshop.com/collections/linens-sheets-pillow-cases-for-short-term-rentals 

Aaron112
Level 2
Las Vegas, NV

Check these guys out. I ordered sheets from them:

https://airbnbhostshop.com/

@Aaron112, Actually too expensive......

Not for the US maybe in Italy. Culutal pricing differences.

[Personal advertising hidden]

I went to target. they have regular sales on bedding. and you get 5% off with red card. I haven't had anyone complain yet so they must be satisfactory 🙂

Karen296
Level 2
Dallas, TX

Has anyone tried Microfiber sheets? I slept on them at a very nice bed and breakfast in Alabama. They do not wrinkle and are the softest sheets I've ever slept on.

Microfiber sheets are becoming very popular. matter of fact Hampton Inn has switched to Microfiber sheets. 

Katie-and-Kevin0
Level 1
Fall City, WA

After a year of hosting with high traffic, we are moving away from dark gray sheets and towels to white. We began with three sets of sheets: two medium gray, one white. The two gray lasted only a couple of months as they got stains of orange. I’m guessing it came from guests using face creams like anti-acne. We also had several dark gray towels ruined this way, with various shades of pink and orange. The white set of sheets have lasted a year with minimal staining (one small ballpoint pen mark won’t come out), but we are now going to try out white sheets. This route requires a lint roller and a lot of extra effort, however. I like the idea of white towels, but perhaps I will use a light gray for wash cloths after reading other’s advice here.

Thank you all!

Martex colors towel collection is your best bet as they are bleach resistant and designed to be washed daily. here is an excerpt from the link provided. "The Martex® Colors towel collection provides softness, strength, and an assortment of color choices to your property. The Martex® Colors towel collection is constructed with ringspun cotton for softness and absorbency and incorporates Staybright® bleach-friendly, fade-resistant technology for long-lasting colors with each wash." I don't know if I am able to post links where you buy them at but if you google COLORED TOWELS | SOFT, ABSORBENT, COLORFUL you will get a few different options. I hope this helps... 

Best regards,

Von3
Level 4
Boston, MA

Target/TJ Maxx/Home Goods. In the latter stores, buy good brands like Ralph Lauren with high thread count. Should last a while. I have a few sets that I rotate. I closely inspect the sheets right after guests and vigorously hand wash any stains that look potentially permanent. So far, whites are pristine. My colors right now are white, cream/ivory, gray so I can mix and match. Always buy 100% natural fibers, they are more durable and don't trap smells.

TBH I wouldn't consider Amazon as an option to shop for bedding products. Amazon's strict vendor rules has squeeze the most of profit out of vendors, to survive most vendors just cut the corners somewhere else, by somewhere else I mean product quality. Target offers great bedding choices if your beddings product needs is relatively small, the quality is good in term of their price. If you need shop fair amount of bedding products the online bedding wholesaler is the only way to go. You can buy products in bulk and enjoy the price only retailers will get. Yet most wholesaler has a high minimum order requirement. I believe most of people do not need to buy 20 or 30 pieces of bedding set right?... [personal advertising hidden]

What is the consensus for color vs white towels? I'm new to hosting and have realized I haven't thought this through. I have a couple of new sets of color/patterned towels but now wonder if I shouldn't just find some pure white? Same for sheets. Yikes.

White towels are going to be the easiest to keep clean simply because you can bleach them, however, the Martex Grand Patrician® Towel solves this issue by using a technology called Staybright. here is a link. 
http://www.westpointhospitality.com/staybright.  There is also a more affordable called the Brentwood by Westpoint Hospitality. They do not sell directly to consumers however there is a great price for towels at https://www.hotels4humanity.com/westpoint-martex-brentwood-towels-12-48-pack/

Judson2
Level 2
Scottsdale, AZ

I would go to a hotels supply company. The one that I recommend is called Hotels4humanity.com all of the products are affordable and designed for the commercial aspect of lodging facilities. 

Also to avoid the time-consuming problem of ironing and get a sheet that is 70% cotton 30% polyester.
https://www.hotels4humanity.com/westpoint-martex-millennium-t200-fitted-sheet-9in-pocket-pack-of-24/