reviews after 14 days

Answered!
David23
Level 4
Jerusalem, Israel

reviews after 14 days

I hosted a guest who didn't get a chance to write a review within the 14 day normal period.

He enjoyed his stay very much and would like to write a review now that he has returned home. I know the general rule is 14 days, but there must be a way for a guest to leave positive feedback even after the 14 days, isn't there?

Seems quite arbitrary, so am hoping there is a solution. Positive guest reviews are key to my business and I would hate to miss out on this guest being able to post his feedback.

Thank you

David

1 Best Answer
Deyan32
Level 4
Liverpool, United Kingdom

This is quite an old thread but I will jump in. As a customer, I would like to leave a review when I can. Travelling the last few days can be chaotic and going back home to the daily routine can take your mind away from the task.

I think there can be a feature after 14 days either party can request for the review option to be reopened. As an example, I request to leave a review and the host has to accept, after that, I can go ahead and write my review and publish it. Or hosts requests for review as they didn't leave one and once I as the customer accept they can write it.

View Best Answer in original post

76 Replies 76
Kris177
Level 1
Parañaque, Philippines

Why even put a limit? This is not fair to the hosts as there are various reasons to miss easily the 14-day period on leaving a review. Please change this, Airbnb.

Ingrid330
Level 1
Sheffield, United Kingdom

Also agree 14 days is not enought we stayed 20th to 26th December and then went somewhere else now I am home less than 2 weeks I can not write a review.

Aaron402
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Just returned from my travels. Was aware that the deadline for my review was today March 2nd. What was not clear is that the deadline was Mar 2nd at the local checkout time. Gutted I couldn't leave a review for a stellar host so posted on another platform. Hope Airbnb clarify its wording in the email as "02 Mar is the last day you can review your stay at.." isn't technically true. 

Alon1
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Aaron402 

It's 14 days from the moment you receive automated request to Review on day of departure.

Moreover, if you check Reviews under your Profile, you will see the daily counter, day by day reducing. It tells you exactly how many days you have left.

Lastly, Airbnb send a final reminder two days before 14 days deadline. 

But in view of your 'technical' analysis, back to the first line: 14 days from moment you receive automated request to Review on day of departure.

not its not actually 14 calendar days.  at any moment, timepoint undefinable, the review option can and will shut down on day 14,  even BEFORE the noted checkout time.

its actually 13 day "guarantee" not 14. all people should operate on a 13 day premise if not less.

~~~~~~~
like nikey: just do it
Alon1
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Sammy35 

Yes it is. 

You are promoting nonsense.

I had to reply similarly on another thread yesterday, and it was supported by someone else.

can't wait till that 14 days cuts you behind the knees some day lol.  because when you go to review ON THAT FOURTEENTH DAY AND IT CUTS YOU OFF, you will see lol

~~~~~~~

That's nice to say after the fact, but nowhere on the Air BnB platform does it state that there is also a hour/minute deadline. Even support could not demonstrate that, and in another follow up contradicted themselves by saying "midnight" of the host's timezone was the cutoff.

To say "Such and such a date is the last day you can review so and so" is a lie.

Elise160
Level 1
Kings Park, Australia

Ditto to all above...sat down to write a wonderful review but was on day 15 so the review time expired. I'm travelling around the world with 2 kids making the most of being out exploring away from devices and when I finally get some time I'm a day late!!! 14 days is not a reasonable time frame. My time there is still fresh in my memory. Does anyone from Airbnb read these conversations? Why can't the time frame be changed to 30 days which seems more reasonable?

Airbnb please read these conversations and show some understanding and follow through with change!!!!

Alon1
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Elise160 

It used to be 30 Days for quite a number of years. About 3 years ago Airbnb changed to 14 days because 30 days was deemed too long. 

In my experience, 30 days was far too long. Most Guests who review do it within a few days or no longer than a week. Once we enter the 2nd week, very few Guests bother to review. 

Fewer still take the last prompt from Airbnb two days before 14 days deadline.

Sammy35
Level 10
Pittsburgh, PA

BEWARE ITS NOT ACTUALLY 14 CALENDAR DAYS.  at any point ON the 14th day the review period can and will shut down and be gone forever to never be reopened (even though there was user support ability and functionality for that back in the past). 

i don't normally wait that long, though i understand how other people need more time, but the one time i did, on purpose, it disabled review ability at some point BEFORE THE END of the 14th day.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE RECOGNIZE THAT ITS REALLY ONLY 13 DAYS CAUSE AT ANY MINUTE, SECOND, HOUR THAT REVIEW IS GOING TO CLOSE BEFORE THE END OF THE 14TH CALENDAR DAY.  i thought maybe it was at the exact time noted in the checkout.  i was told it could have been anywhere from 8am to 12pm and then i was told, by the EXACT same person, that it might even go on UTC time in which case i would have been Fd no matter what.

i could not get a straight answer from "support" who acts like they want to help but when push comes to shove, they have such limited ability to receify a sitation, which makes all the customer service orientation garble even more condescending.

when i pointed out the help page article no one could explain why it is documented in a way that makes you THINK you have till the end of the checkout calendar day.  YOU DO NOT

no one could tell me when it shut down.  i guess its just some magical nebulous act of  "god"

when i asked for them to query the development team, technical specs functional specs, and get back to me as to when the business rules has that shut down, i was deferred and sidetracked.  the answer is no:  we don't know and we're not going to find out.  we're perfectly happy with the way the help page content is worded.

i do IT/systems specs debugging test scripts UAT roll outs training content user aids and documentation for a living.  what happend today and in the call??...its just wrong.

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/13/how-do-reviews-work?q=reviews

~~~~~~~
Alon1
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Sammy35 

See notice above.

Yes it is precisely 14 days!

You are promoting nonsense.

I had to reply similarly on another thread yesterday, and it was supported by someone else.

its not 14 days.  trust me.  if it had been i wouldn't have had the problem.  i'm not going to explain it again

~~~~~~~

maybe it's a time zone thing?

Alon1
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Sammy35 

It is 14 days. 'Trust me'. I last gave proof of it only 5 days ago on 26th April.

Unwritten rules? 14 days to review but no info..

For ease of reference I've copied below my 'test' result from 26th April.

Otherwise, good to see that you're finally complying with Airbnb requirements for Host to load Profile photo.

==================

26th April Today's 'test' result.

Guest departed on 12th April and did not reciprocate my review which went active an hour ago, as expected, just after 4.pm local time, precisely 14 days & 336 hours after notice to Review.

This is the simplest application of the 'test', unfortunately repeated each time Guest fails to reciprocate.

The other two possibilities similarly never failed to materalize in my experience:

1) I mostly review within a couple of days of Guest departure.

Occasionally I decide not to load Review till 'the last minute' as the saying goes, notably if  I feel the Guest's review is not one I'm looking forward to, In such cases  the Guest may or may not have loaded their review. -- In any case, I calculate 'last minute'  14 days following request to review, and .based on precise time I received the automated email from Airbnb.

I've never missed a deadline.

2) Less frequent still, a Guest occasionally promises to review, and I remind of the deadline.

In a few cases they will do in the last 24 hours.

Alternatively, Guest fails to Review and sends apologetic message along the lines 'I tried but couldn't, sorry....'

It's a simple test really, and I expect anyone who has tested with the understanding that it's exactly 14 days after the automated request to review (irrespective of time zones) gets exactly the same result.

I'm not going to explain it again, other than to say my last example  was a operation this week