the shower broke, no hot water for guests

Ale2
Level 2
Sao Paulo, Brazil

the shower broke, no hot water for guests

Hello everybody. I would like your opinion about what I should do. The shower broke, leaving my guests with no hot water - I'm not there to fix it myself, but I've been working to get the maintanance man to fix it. It seems it will be done tomorrow, but they will be without hot water for three days. What should I do? I am thinking about offering a reinbursement for theses three days - is it the right thing to do? They have been very nice about the situation and haven't complained at all so far.

Thanks.

8 Replies 8
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Ale2,

I think it is the right thing to do.  How about telling them about how badly you feel about the situation and that you want to make it right and what would they think is fair?  Put yourself in their shoes.  I could not really think of an amount but I think it would be good to get some insight from them and go with it if it seems reasonable.

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

thanks, Dave. do onto others as you would have them do unto you 🙂

and that is what I would like to happen if it was me.

🙂 

Ale

Exactly right.."do unto others".....I think its great that you even asked others to help you.  You are a good host for wanting to give them back something....maybe you could also think about sending them a fruit basket to enjoy while they wait for it to be fixed.  I had to get my toilet fixed today, and baked chocolate chips cookies for my guests to enjoy at check in while the plumber was still in there....oh did  I mention the plumber was my husband, so I got a good rate! 😉

If you feel that me or another host have helped you, feel free to click on the "thumbs up" button at the end of any post. Thank you so much.

Aloha, Momi

Great way to contact Airbnb or via Twitter at AirbnbHelp / Facebook

Luis-and-Tati0
Level 10
New York, NY

Hi @Ale2

Somente brasileiro vai entender seu post... Não conheço nenhum outro lugar que tenha chuveiro eletrico 🙂

3 Noites seria ideal para os seus hospedes... Eu iria oferecer 1/2 do preço para as 3 noites se a reserva fosse de 3-6 noites ou iria oferecer as 3 noites se eles estão na casa por mais de 6 noites...

Aqui no norte dos EUA e Canadá esta bem frio, então 3 noites sem agua quente iria afetar muito mais que aí no Brasil...

Luis

hehe. Obrigada Luis!

foi o que pensei, 3 noites. Eles estão na casa por 12 dias, e ficaram sem água quente por 3.

🙂

Ellen0
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Oi @Ale2 e @Luis-and-Tati0!!

Quando quiserem falar sobre algum assunto específico do Brasil ou em português, sintam-se bem-vindos na seção Brasileira aqui da nossa CC 🙂

O pessoal anda meio tímido por lá, mas tenho esperanças que logo logo as conversas vão pegar fogo. heheheheh

Abraços e vejo vocês por lá!

*Luis, tenho acompanhado a tua participação por aqui e queria te agradecer por todas as dicas e ajuda que tu tem deixado pelos diferentes posts! Muito legal 🙂

Clique aqui  e conte para a gente quem foram os seus primeiros hóspedes!! 
Não esqueça de clicar no "CURTIR" quando gostar de um post 😄

HOST VOICE está online! Tem uma ideia para um novo produto ou melhorias no site? Clique aqui e sugira ao Airbnb.

opa! obrigada, Ellen 🙂

Sahar2
Level 1
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

Hi All,

I am very new to hosting on AirBnB. My current guest told me about a similar issue yesterday, we checked today and realised there is something wrong with the shower's electric water heater. A plumber will come to check tomorrow morning, but the next guests are also arriving by the evening. I think the heater needs a few days to get fixed so i am not sure what to do, should i cancel the next guests and refund them? I need AirBnB to help out in such situations. I really can not imagine these poor people with their baby with no hot water! 

Any suggestions to make this right?