what does Level 1 or Level 10 mean?

Linda15
Level 3
Santa Cruz, Nicaragua

what does Level 1 or Level 10 mean?

Does anyone know what these mean: "Level One"  or Level 2 or Level 10?

This phrase is post next to people's names on the message threads in the discussion room on airbnb community center?

Curoius? 

49 Replies 49
Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Sandra126 @Robin4

You two are very funny lol, and I'm very embarassed about standing out on the teacher's pet list like that! So no kidding, I gave a sigh of relief with the new list!!

Thanks Sandra for what you said about my answers. I sometimes feel my replies may be too curt or sound like I'm ordering pple around. But covering it all in an extra layer of honey would need me to start getting a salary here!

It really hit me a couple of times when hosts started freaking out over comments made by myself and another regular host, shrieking how inappropriate and hurtful before disappearing in her safe space (probably lined with cuddly toys).

Anyway, wishing you a very lovely day! Andrea

(PS: interesting is that I didn't get an email summons of my name being mentioned with @

So almost missed it...  Probably change in algorithms or it's in a new inbox I haven't seen yet...)

@Andrea9@Sandra126@Robin4 - you guys are my mainstays & have given so much valuable advice here for all of us - what would I/we do without you all?! I've learned so much, and dodged a few disasters thanks to YOU. So - thank you! - Karen

@Karen-and-Brian0 You guys are screaming towards 'Superhost' status! Your guests adore you ..."This absolutely has to be one of our best AirBnB experiences ever"......"Heaven on earth"! You just can't buy reviews like that. You will surely have that badge at the next assessment in January! But don't let it change you, just keep on doing what you are doing. Karen there are many hosts that could learn from you and what you are doing.

The only thing I would say to you is, when someone leaves a review, give them a public response....they have been so good about what they have said about you, they deserve an acknowledgement! I always leave a public response to every review! They like it and so do prospective guests. You will find after a while some enquiring guests will say "we will be in your area to attend 'something or other' and after reading your reviews we would like to stay for two nights on.............

Karen, I can't tell you how to do anything better....you are already doing it!

Cheers....Rob

@Karen-and-Brian0

Thank you so much for that.

And my goodness! your cabin is indeed a 'Dream"! I love how it has that comfy and slightly rustig feel, but then turns out to be super fancy, especially with those amazingly luxurious bathrooms! I mean, even if a patrolling bear kept you from going outside for a whole week, I think it would still be a great stay!

Congrats on the almost achieved SH status 🙂

Andrea

You're far too kind @Andrea9 - you maybe didn't notice the carpet the previous owners installed on our tub surround. Carpet on our tub = rustic charm. Erm, for lack of a better term!

@Karen-and-Brian0

Carpet surround - that even sounds very 70's!

Well, you must have chucked the picture already or it really doesn't show on any tub image!

@Andrea9 TOTALLY 70's! OMG how I hate that carpet tub surround. It really has to go - but, as Brian pointed out to me, if we start on the renos, really, where oh where does it end??? So, I've decided to embrace the carpet. The photo doesn't really show it, you have to look close. And I debated mentioning it in the description but then thought maybe it could be a little "surprise"? I said it was rustic, so hope that covers it. So far, to my extreme amazement, no one has mentioned the carpet in any review. I really don't know why not. It's the first thing I noticed. 

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Andrea9 Hey, I don't like this trend, I am catching up to you! Have you pechance slipped over in the shower and dislocated your shoulder, thereby restricting your literary output? Did that 'bladder with four legs' next door leap up at you, tale wagging and take a piece out of your finger rendering those keyboard skills unusable! Did your computer limp into survival mode unable to handle the prodidgious output from that mind of yours!!!!

I said in jest a few weeks ago that I would not have a snowballs chance in hell of matching your numbers but, my goodness me it is starting to look a reality!!!!

Cheers.....Rob

Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

Aww @Robin4, Nice to be noticed missing!  I think maybe  I have a bit of a mind freeze or mind numb.... 

I think it started with the new forum look where all is jumbled together - new posts on anteluvian threads with new ones.... 

so instead of going back 3 pages to catch up, it takes many more, and I don't like that when on page 4 or 5 I can only get back to page 1 of 'recent' with more than one click. Which  unnecessarily steals away a couple of seconds I could be dispatching pure advice prose! Same to the extra click needed to see a host listing. Or that the comment one is reacting too also needs an extra click to be seen...

Add all those wasted precious seconds together for a few months and wow, that's probably a whopping equivalent to a little novel 😉

Or maybe there hasn't been enough drama on CC lately, haha... just kidding.

Or it's just that I've just hit the host wall of waning enthusiasm. Probably also because I haven't had a new booking or guests for weeks, but then it is the quet season. But the booking future has never looked quite this empty before. A new trend in booking or in guests? 

Life comes in waves, so enjoy the resilient snowball in hell experience, Robin, but watch your back in case I start getting my numbers up again!

Cheers! Andrea

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Andrea9 Huh...how did you go from a 230 to a 167!!!!

'Antediluvian' ...love that word.  Once upon a time I ran my business from a 'lodge' building....RAOB, which I found out stands for the Royal Antediluvian Order of the Buffalo!

Actually though about joining until I found out the meaning of the Antediluvian bit!.......

Ridiculously old-fashioned.

synonyms:  out of date, outdated, outmoded, old-fashioned, ancient, antiquated, archaic, antique, superannuated, anachronistic, outworn, behind the times, primitive, medieval, quaint, old-fangled, obsolescent, obsolete, prehistoric;

The only two there that I might possibly subscibe to are....Superannuated and prehistoric!

Cheers.....Rob

Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Robin4 I hadn't even seen that I'd dropped so low, since I'm not even visible on the general page with all recent postings.

And now when I went to Hosts to check I saw that I was even at 158. Fading fast. Wonder how they make the count.

Love the Royal ...of the Antedeluvian Buffalo!! (see, I would have had to so another click to see again exactly how you formulated it... and didn't). So the Buffalo were saved on the Ark, good to know, and the pure strain at that, no breeding since then either, and Royal on top of it. Makes me wonder what the heck these blokes do at their meetings... I can just see them re-enacting the moment they come off the ark, kicking their heels in the mud and being corralled into the Royal encampment to start their new life...

Too curious to not check it and just did. Seems to me somebody had looked a bit too deep into their glass when founding this frat boy club. Acc. to Wikipedia:

"The Order's honorifics of "royal" when it did not have royal patronage nor a Royal charter, and "antediluvian" when in fact its foundations are of historical record, or that it is an "Order" although it had no standing nor recognition from any house of nobility, are meant to add mock solemnity to its fellowship status and have no more veracity than its having anything to do with the buffalo."

Good for you you didn't join!

Ana1764
Level 2
Santa Cruz de la Sierra, Bolivia

This is the best and most honest comment ever!!!

Alessandra--E-Rafael0
Level 2
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Obrigado pelas dicas, aqui do Brasil as informações não são tão precisas. Comecei agora no forum , mas tenho anos de superhosts, e agradeço a todos o enraizamento de nossa função, ajudando cada dia mais uns aos outros a transformar nossos alugueis em uma experiência de vida!!!

Sorry, in English on next page!!!

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi there @Alessandra--E-Rafael0 

Thank you for your kind words! Did you know we have Brazilian Portugese dedicated community center? You can find it here: Central da Comunidade

Many thanks,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines