Airbnb Service/Mediation

Bjoern1
Level 1
Thailand

Airbnb Service/Mediation

Hello guys,

i am with airbnb quite a while and so far it was my favourite channel to rent out my place. Recently i am bit dissapointed because travelers seem to use it more and more as possibility to find cheap rooms and not even send a simple Hello before booking...

Anyway, thats a different story.

What i would like to ask you is if you have made similar experinces in the following case:

I had a problem with a guest who caused some damage during their stay. During their stay i informed airbnb already that something is going wrong. They told me i have to talk with the guest. I always try to speak with the guest first...

The guest refused to pay and then simply ran away during the check-out...

I opened a mediation topic...

Since the guest denied to accept i escalated to airbnb...

3 days nothing.

Then in the morning an email that i would need to upload invoices, and pictures and so on...

I answered that i will have to do it 2 weeks later because i am on a trip and dont have those documents with me...

A couple of hours later, airbnb wrote me that they cannot wait so long, and as compromise, i will get the money the guest proposed (which is less than 50% of the damage)...

I answered that i am really unhappy with this, because i was not asked at all, and not informed that there had been a due date for providing those documents...

I asked to please let me talk with the supervisor...

He said, it had been already seen by his supervisor

i said, i want to speak with him...

He said he doesnt have a manager...!!!

So, this is basically what happened, and after that i deactivated in the first step my inserates, because i am not sure if my property is still safe with airbnb. I lost the trust in airbnb...

Its not about the money, because in this case we are speaking about a few Dollar. But what happens, if the next time a guest cause serious damage...?

And that the airbnb service employee refuses more than once to put me in touch with his manager is really irritating...

Looking for your feedback

Bjoern

2 Antworten 2
Florian-and-Theresa0
Level 10
Mintraching, Germany

@Bjoern1 Tja, das ist so eine Sache mit Gastgebergarantie. Leider nicht das erste Mal, dass wir hören, dass nicht zur Zufriedenheit der Gastgeber reguliert wurde. 

Till-and-Jutta0
Host Advisory Board Alumni
Stuttgart, Germany

Lieber @Bjoern1 Du bist hier im deutschsprachigen CC gelandet. If you prefer to communicate in English, there is also the English-speaking CC.

@Dimitri: verschieben?

Durchstöbere die Artikel im Info-Center

Mach deine Unterkunft für Gäste bereit
Tipps von Gastgeber:innen auf Airbnb-Plus: So fügst du durchdachte Details hinzu
Unterstütze Gäste während ihres Aufenthalts