AIRBNB COVERAGE/CUSTOMER SUPPORT SCAM

Pia600
Level 1
Cresskill, NJ

AIRBNB COVERAGE/CUSTOMER SUPPORT SCAM

Hi,

I have had the worst experience ever with Airbnb customer support and my last guest. A guest damaged my home and vacated even though they had a month stay left. Airbnb changed the reservation dates without my consent so that their stay would end and I would not receive the payout I was due. That is just one of the numerous pains I experienced with this reservation.

I am extremely disturbed by the fact that Airbnb’s guest screening process failed to detect the red flags associated with this guest. His actions and subsequent behavior demonstrated a clear lack of respect for the property, leaving me and my property vulnerable. The damage caused, both financially and mentally, could have been avoided if Airbnb’s guest screening had been thorough. As hosts, we place our trust in Airbnb to ensure that guests who book through the platform are properly vetted, yet the reality is that we are left exposed to potential fraud, crime, and danger.
Each interaction with Airbnb Customer Support has led to nothing but delays and frustration. In almost every case, customer support has closed the issue prematurely, only for me to be assigned a new support member, repeating the cycle of re-explaining the problem. This has resulted in an endless loop, preventing any meaningful progress. Despite numerous promises from various customer support representatives, no one has taken accountability. When I've requested escalation to supervisors, I am either ignored or assured that someone will call me back, yet those calls never happen. The customer support team and supervisors have no power to resolve the severe issues I have presented, leaving me in an untenable position. The Resolution Team and AirCover are hopeless and have not presented a single amend for the situations I am dealing with. The customer service is purely DISGUSTING.

It is time we gather to file a Class Action lawsuit. Please leave a comment if you are interested.

4 Replies 4
Marie8425
Top Contributor
Buckeye, AZ

@Pia600 

I think you might be frustrated because you have unwarranted ideas.

"I am extremely disturbed by the fact that Airbnb’s guest screening process"

Airbnb does not offer guest screening process,  An ID is validated by a computer so no guarantee the Guest isn't using someone else's ID.  No guarantee the actual profile is not being used by someone else.

Every Host sets their own rules according to their individual rental.  Airbnb offers Hosts the ability to publish rules but Airbnb never talks to a potential Guest.  Only a Host can identify issues not conducive to their rental.  A red flag for your rental may not be at anther rental.

https://www.airbnb.com/resources/hosting-homes/a/choosing-who-to-welcome-for-your-first-reservation-...

Agreed, I am aware there is no guest screening process. I am saying that is the issue! Clearly if there are so many people with guests damaging their properties, the guests should be reviewed prior to their approval to book a home. Beyond that, when there is a problem with a guest, including damage or destruction, Airbnb runs you in circles until you cannot keep dealing with their customer service instead of providing a resolution.

@Pia600 

The Host nis the only one able to screen a Guest to protect the Host's property.  My property allows smokers many don't I have specific rules about smoking that maybe someone else has different rules.  Only I can screen from  my experience Hosting which smokers will be a challenge to my rules.

Of course, but in the case that there is a bad experience, Airbnb does not help you at all. I have rules for my home and I have had guests break things/cause damage and then they do not tell me or pay for the damages.