About procedure to become a host on Airbnb.

About procedure to become a host on Airbnb.

Hello everyone. I have some questions about how to become a host on Airbnb, hopefully you guys will help me answer them:

1. Do I have to sign any kind of contract with Airbnb?

2. How can Airbnb make sure I'm not uploading false information about the accommodation? I learn that customers will be able to book the accommodation 24 hours after it gets uploaded.

3. Is there anything else about the procedure that I should take into consideration?

Your answers will be of much help to me. Thank you.

2 Replies 2
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Tuấn15 to answer your questions:

1) No - You agree to Airbnb's terms by listing with them

2) Basically your guest's reviews will ensure your listing is honest. You don't get paid until the day after check in so a scam listing will not benefit the host.

3) Yes there are lots of things to consider. Key for me are:

a) Is it legal to list your property

b) Do you have permission from your landlord or mortgage company

c) Is your insurance company happy to continue to cover you if you list on Airbnb

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Tuấn15,

Welcome to the community. It's exciting to hear that you're getting ready to become an Airbnb host. Have you had the chance to read Mike's comment?

Here is an article on how to become a Host on Airbnb. There are many articles in the Resource Center that can help you in this initial stage. I suggest reading some of them and, of course, keep interacting in our community to learn from our experienced Hosts.

All the best,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad