Advice on filling in a V06048 form from the UK Valuations Office Agency

Answered!
Rosie221
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Advice on filling in a V06048 form from the UK Valuations Office Agency

Hi there, myself and my co-host have been running an Airbnb cottage for 2 years now.
We have been sent a V06048 form from the UK Valuations Office Agency
and we need some advice on how to answer 2 of the questions on the form.
Here's the form attached: we're hoping other Airbnbers will be able to help.

Thanks, Rosie & Kim

V06048 Form.jpg

1 Best Answer
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Rosie221 what are you struggling with? 

The first question just wants to know how many nights your property COULD have been booked. So if your min stay is less than 28 nights (ours is 3) and you are available for the whole year then put 365. Any blocked nights for maintenance or friends/family would reduce this figure.

The second question is then how many nights you actually booked the property to paying guests. This doesn't include free or discounted usage to family and friends. For us this is the number of Airbnb nights plus a number of private bookings (not family/friends).

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Rosie221 what are you struggling with? 

The first question just wants to know how many nights your property COULD have been booked. So if your min stay is less than 28 nights (ours is 3) and you are available for the whole year then put 365. Any blocked nights for maintenance or friends/family would reduce this figure.

The second question is then how many nights you actually booked the property to paying guests. This doesn't include free or discounted usage to family and friends. For us this is the number of Airbnb nights plus a number of private bookings (not family/friends).

I agree the questions seem rather clear. 

All hosts will know how many nights they've had bookings for and how many nights their STR business is open for. 

@Helen3 They won't necessarily find it easy to get the data though. We keep a spreadsheet of booked nights but the standard Airbnb reporting is not sufficiently flexible to cope with our ridiculous tax year.

Even my spreadsheet doesn't keep count of blocked nights so I (over) estimated these for the form to make sure I stayed on the right side of the law.

I get mine from the list of bookings you can download from Airbnb and keep a note of dates not available for the whole listings I co host. 

thanks for taking the time to reply - your help is much appreciated.