Anyone confirm that Airbnb's qualify for 25c federal tax credit in the U.S?

Danny627
Level 5
San Jose, CA

Anyone confirm that Airbnb's qualify for 25c federal tax credit in the U.S?

I'm looking to install a mini split heat pump at our Airbnb, there's a post from Airbnb that states that we should qualify for this. Has anyone been able to confirm this?

https://www.airbnb.com/resources/hosting-homes/a/us-hosts-can-qualify-for-clean-energy-incentives-59...

4 Replies 4

@Danny627 I read the tax credit application and it only applies to your main home (the one you live in most of the time), so wouldn't be eligible if you are the property owner or landlord and don't live in the home most of the time.

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi @Danny627 👋

It's been a while since you posted and I'm wondering whether you managed to get a resolution to your question as @Debbie1192 has left a comment for you below. Let us know how you've got on. 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Ana2038
Level 10
Santa Ana, CA

@Danny627 , as @Debbie1192 , states “applies to your main home (the one you live in most of the time)…”. See below for the paragraph found in the Inflation Act Guidelines:

“You can claim either the Energy Efficient Home Improvement Credit or the Residential Clean Energy Credit for the year when you make qualifying improvements.

Homeowners who improve their primary residence will find the most opportunities to claim a credit for qualifying expenses. Renters may also be able to claim credits, as well as owners of second homes used as residences.

The credits are never available for improvements made to homes that you don't use as a residence.”

Best—

Pete28
Level 10
Seattle, WA

It doesn’t really matter since you would file schedule e and deduct it as an improvement over 5 years from your rental income.