Boost Airbnb bookings

Boost Airbnb bookings

Hey everyone it’s my first time hosting a property, I would love to hear some feedback and advice about my listing and how to boost more bookings/ attract guests to book it’s a 1bedroom 1.5 bathroom condo unit by the sea with 24hr security I’m starting out with a price of $207 usd per night and 35 cleaning fee 

4 Replies 4

Hello @Tashae0  and welcome to the community!

Boosting bookings is a really complex topic! And I really mean really complex - numerous factors affect it! There are even books and courses on that subject. Therefore, there is no place here to list them all, but here are some of my advices for the beginners.

👉You started from the right place. You joined the community where there are plenty of advices, tips and tricks. Thus, start just by reading useful posts. You will certainly find excellent material here.

👉Enjoy the new host period! At the beginning, Airbnb helps new hosts to start by boosting their listings. Use this period wisely as a stepping stone to get several reviews. Once when you'll need to continue on your own, you'll rely on these reviews.

👉Select the keywords wisely! For example, we noticed that you have a free parking. Free parking is one of the most wanted features, so many hosts put it in the title! Remember: guests will first scroll through results and then click on particular ones to see the details.

👉Low price is one of the major factors that affect bookings. But don't lower the prices manually! Use promotions instead! Promotions will add visual elements that make your listing standing out from the crowd (New line item on your price breakdown, Strikethrough styling on search pages and your listingSpecial callout on your listing page, Placement in emails to guests).

👉Promote your listing on other places. Take the link of it and place it on Google, social media (Facebook, Instagram,...). Inform your friends in all groups that are member of that you are offering an accommodation, so if anyone plan to visit this area, may stay at your place. This will boos visibility which, in turn, will boost number of bookings.

👉... and many, many more.

As I said, this is not any kind of list, especially not a complete one. These are just few ideas for beginners to help you start the business.

Good luck in hosting! We wish you many happy guests!

@Goldie-And-Alexa0 Hey thanks much really appreciated that 

Kia272
Level 10
Takoma Park, MD

@Tashae0  I can't speak to your price because I don't know the local market. Make sure you're in line with similar listings around you. initially, perhaps slightly lower so that you're competitive being new in the market. 

A couple of things: It's all well and good to have a logo, but you should use a picture of you in your host profile. First of all, it's a security measure. Most hosts ask that guests have a profile picture instead of a picture of their dog, or an avatar. You want to know who's coming to your home. They want to know who you are as well. 

Yikes! Those first two guests who gave you 4 stars really hurt you as a new host. 4.5 is not a good rating, and isn't likely to attract guests if there are higher rated properties around you. 

Do you have any idea what prompted the 4 star ratings? Some people are never satisfied, and/or don't understand the AirBnB rating system, but have you reached out to either guest to ask? It might be worthwhile. That's not a great start for you. 

Last, I think the height of the bed in the bedroom might put some people off. It looks really high off the ground? I could be wrong, but that's how the pics make it seem. Some with limited mobility might choose not to book. 

Otherwise, everything looks fine with your property. Good luck. 

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Welcome to the Community Center @Tashae0, I was hoping whether you've seen the helpful replies on your topic. I would be great if you could let us know!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen