Adjustments from Airbnb 7 YEARS later.

Anne-Guro1
Level 1
Oslo, Norway

Adjustments from Airbnb 7 YEARS later.

Hi,

I'm Norwegian, but I lived in LA for many years. I once had a bungalow in Echo Park, and rented it out between 2012-2017. Then I moved back to Norway in 2018. I unlisted the house, but didn't remove it completely.

Well, suddenly, in 2022 Airbnb has decided to do adjustments for two stays that was in 2015/2016! It's $3040, so it's a lot. One of the guests had to cancel her trip after 5 days, and apparently Airbnb had paid me for her whole stay. The other one was something  else, but they won't give me the specifics of what discounts I had at the time etc. So maybe I did owe something back. But I'm not a person who checks my bank account often. And I would've never known this until now. (I know it's 2024 now, but I didn't do my accounting for 22/23 until now)

My point is, can they do this after SEVEN years!?

It's their mistake. I mean, there's so much deadlines for hosts and when to answer and approve or decline. But Airbnb doesn't have any limitations on when they can do this? How far back they can go?

1 Reply 1
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Anne-Guro1 , Thank you for sharing your post with us. Did you hear back from Airbnb's Customer Support team since you posted? What was the outcome of the situation since you raised it. Was this adjustment eventually removed? 

We look forward to hear any updates , if you could share with us on this matter 🌻

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines