Calaveras County, California proposed regulations on Short Term Rentals--seeking to connect with other hosts in the county

Answered!
Scottie7
Level 2
Murphys, CA

Calaveras County, California proposed regulations on Short Term Rentals--seeking to connect with other hosts in the county

Calaveras county, Calif. is proposing new regulations on short term rentals.  I am not certain I totally understand the proposed regulations and how they may impact the hosting business.  I'm afraid they are going to overly restrict short term rental  market and hurt business. 

Would appreciate connecting with local hosts (any hosts, really, that are familiar with this kind of stuff--even airbnb staff who might be able to help).   I'd like to determine what action the local hosting community could take to protect our businesses against these regulations, if necessary.  

Thank you for your kind assistance to this matter. 

Scottie

1 Best Answer

Thank you very much for your reply. I will check out the Facebook group.

View Best Answer in original post

7 Replies 7
Jen10217
Level 1
Orinda, CA

Scottie— I am a host in Arnold and we have a robust group of STR owners that are all part of a FB group. We are all writing comment letters to make sure our voices are heard and will be attending the meetings if possible. 

Thank you very much for your reply. I will check out the Facebook group.

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hi @Jen10217, I am tagging @Scottie7 here so they receive a notification of your message. This way, we increase the chances of them getting back to us.

Quick tip: To tag someone, tap "@" and select the host's username from the dropdown menu 😊

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Hi Jen - I am a new STR owner in Arnold and I want to join the FB group. What is it called? Thanks in advance.

Hi Jen!

I just purchased a place in Camp Connell up the road for Short-term Rental. Can I be added to the FB group for owners of STRs as well? Would love to get connected.

Best, 

Regina

Same - how can i find the facebook group?

Hi @Maureen704  😊

Could you be more specific? What type of Facebook group are you referring to?

Warm regards🌻,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines //Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center