Fake reviews for listings*

Hoa422
Level 2
New York, NY

Fake reviews for listings*

This profile is a fraud. She asked multiple of her friends to pay for stays and write reviews without actually staying. She then paid them back outside Airbnb to generate leads. 

In the U.S., she stole credit cards and was sued multiple times in court and she refused to show up for all of them, as she resides now in HCM city and was afraid of returning to the U.S. 

in the U.S. she left me, being high-risk pregnant and had a severe blood condition, with her 20k debt and she just ran away like a coward. I had to report her through multiple channels but as long as she was not in the U.S., I couldn't do anything except report her to the DOJ, police, and court.

**[Identifiable information removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

4 Replies 4
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Hoa422 why should we believe you?

You don't have to. I was her friend back then and she asked me to book and post reviews back then (you can check my profile). I was living in the U.S. the entire time. She also asked others to do the same. She would reimburse people after the reviews. 

I cannot post pictures/upload docs here else I'd have more proof. But her case in Brooklyn court is SC-1125-24 with the first appearance is Aug 10th, 2024. She will not show up as she is not in the U.S. 

I did not ask anything in return from the community. I am just posting here for people to be aware of her actions, regardless. When she emailed me saying that she was going to run away from the debt and will not come back, I was 8 month pregnant, high risk with severe blood condition. She left me with no other option but to pursue legal actions and report her in public community. I have done so with Linkedin and Facebook, since then she disabled her profiles right away out of fear. She was also a real estate agent here, and since then she also disable her license. 

I did not ask for anything in return from the community, this is just for FYI of her actions. If anything I said was not true, she would have sued me already (In fact, I am still waiting for her response so at least I can get her to appear in court). Yet she just ran away and continued her "entrepreneurship" out in different country....

@Hoa422. Hi Hoa, Its not clear what your relationship with the host profile you posted is. If you have a commercial relationship whereby she hosts a property you own on Airbnb then you need to contact Airbnb Customer support direct to make a formal complaint and take legal action. This Community Center is not the best place.

OR if you have experience as a guest in a place she hosted why didnt you leave a review and make a complaint to Airbnb?

I'd be very careful about making general statements on such a public forum.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

You do need to be careful when posting libellous comments on a public forum that you have the evidence to back up your claims @Hoa422 

whats your connection with this host? 

it's hardly likely a host would pay friends to provide her with low ratings which many of her established listings have. 

how was she able to leave you legally responsible for her debt?,