Gainesville florida taxes

Rei1641
Level 2
Gainesville, FL

Gainesville florida taxes

Hi. Im a Host in Gainesville, Florida.

If you are a Host in Gainesville as well, Can I know your experience with the taxes we have to pay? because I heard that there is 5% city Gainesville taxes, plus the 7% Florida taxes and on top of that there is an Airbnb annual Florida License which is over $100? 

3 Replies 3
Teddie1
Level 3
Stanwood, WA

Taxes are difficult to answer in this forum because there are so many layers - city, county, state, and federal.  Air BnB is collecting taxes for me and paying them but they seem to be collecting more than what I'm being charged - thinking I'm in a city limits when I'm not.  I plan to look into it after the first of the year to know exactly what their calculation is.  I'm hopeful it will be in the information they provide for tax purposes.

Do you have occupancy taxes and business taxes as well?  I know that in some areas, you can't get a straight answer, but I would continue to call my city, county, and state level assessors to find out their tax laws.  They do work for you.

Teddie

Yeah, the thing is that I see the others airbnb host in my area that they are charging so little per night, and I wonder, how they are making any money after paying airbnb fee, utilities, city taxes, Florida taxes and Florida airbnb License fee. 

thanks Teddie for your answer, I'll be checking with the assessors in my county area.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hello @Rei1641 ,

You can take a look at Local Host Clubs near you to connect with local hosts who would be familiar with tax regulations pertaining to your region.

We're happy to announce the Month of Celebration!

Can’t find what you’re searching for? start a conversation

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines