Help with Airbnb in US

Alexander65
Level 2
Las Vegas, NV

Help with Airbnb in US

I'm looking to bring a claim against Airbnb and was wondering if anyone had any experience with that? Here are some initial questions:

1) Since ABB head office is in San Francisco the claim needs to be submitted in a Californa court correct? Does it have to be made in an SF court or can it be made in any California city?

2) Once I have made my claim will ABB close my account as retaliation for bringing the claim? Anyone had any experience with that?

Thank you in advance.

4 Replies 4
Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Alexander65 yes, I have successfully taken Airbnb to small claims court. I filed in my home county in Oregon, not California. It was necessary to serve Airbnb with the court documents at their legal SF office via certified mail. Airbnb did not respond to the summons, so I won by default, and Airbnb did pay when served with the court judgment. I recovered my original claim, plus court fees and a winner's judgment fee. So far I have not been subject to any retaliation.

I'm from Canada and my reservation was ultimately in USA  Do you know if I should file in Canada or USA

@Isabella470 Canada. You can send the claim by registered mail to:

https://lobbycanada.gc.ca/app/secure/ocl/lrs/do/vwRg?cno=361935

Please help me on this!  I’m in Alaska and tried to serve but they didn’t respond. Alaska says I have to send certified restricted to an actual person. Help?