I didn't get paid by Airbnb, support doesn't know why. It's been 2 weeks.

JC4
Level 2
LA, CA

I didn't get paid by Airbnb, support doesn't know why. It's been 2 weeks.

I've been a host for many years; this has never happened. Airbnb support has no idea why this is happening and won't help either. Their last message to me said this: 

"Our team has tried their best to help you. Now we've come to a stage where everything we can is, it's over. We are awaiting a resolution from our technical team. Unfortunately, I don't have any other information for you yet. We look forward to hearing from our maintenance team. I'm sorry that you have to wait and carry difficulties in connection with this."

I don't know what to do, it is extremely disappointing that support has turned their back on this. The only thing they kept telling me before they stopped responding was to wait. 

32 Replies 32
M199
Level 10
South Bruce Peninsula, Canada

@JC4 

You should have received "a payment of $xxx was sent"

On that notification you should also see a transaction code/tracking number, top right, I believe.  Take that to you bank and ask them to trace the transaction. They may help.

The payment was never sent from Airbnb. 

In the transaction history section, under upcoming payouts, I see the amount and the date it was supposed to be sent, July 6. We are now July 18. 

This is a bizarre situation, but worse yet, support doesn't give me any clarity or solutions. 

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi there @JC4, I've notified the team about what you've shared here. Hopefully, they'll be able to provide you with an update as soon as possible. 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Я оказалась в такой же ситуации! и никто ничего не знает и не предпринимает

Jacqui16
Level 2
Worcester, United Kingdom

M199

The trouble is that there is no payment to track. It just says in transaction history payment pending. 

Paulina86
Level 1
Lublin, Poland

I have the same problem as you.

Really I don't know what I can do ..

You also see your pending payment on transaction history? What did support tell you? 

April447
Level 2
New Mexico, United States

I have the same problem.....I had a guest who stayed for two weeks over July 4th and payment has not been received. I have been trying to get answers for a week and every time a new CS agent gives me some unknown reason or made up reason, my revenue screen changes.

I am now being told (a week later, 5 calls later and an unknown amount of emails later) that  

"Upon investigation, your payout from the reservation #### was released before it was canceled, and whenever a reservation has been canceled the host won't receive their payout from the canceled reservation.

Therefore, an adjustment was made to your payout from the reservation (RECENT RESERVATION). An adjustment is an amount deducted from a host’s future payout or payouts, until it is reconciled."

Problem is I have never received  a payout for the cancellation 4 months ago!

THIS IS BS!!!!

April447
Level 2
New Mexico, United States

Based on quite a few reports of this abuse, I am wondering if it is time to file a class action suit against AIRBNB. 

I don't know about the rest of you but it seems this is a new problem many hosts are having. I have NEVER in my 5 years had a problem getting paid until now and it appears I am not the only one.

Hi April,

Did you ever get paid?

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@April447 why do people always want to start a class action lawsuit? Just use the small claims court process and Airbnb will almost certainly not even bother to fight it and you will win by default.

I am not wanting to start a class action but when I read over and over that this is happening, perhaps one is needed to prevent it from continuing.

When reading about hosts who have not been paid 70-90K and have employees who need to work...it makes me sad!

Mike and Jane O,

I know in the UK we can go this route but there is a limit on the amount of small claim. I see some hosts are owed thousands. In my case I'm in the hundreds at the moment but if I am not paid for the guests already booked my unpaid fees would start to go beyond hundreds. 

I'm also caught in this loop and don't know why. 

I've blocked all my unbooked dates which is not what I want as I rely on the Airbnb income but if I'm not going to be paid and this goes on I can't see the point in making my home available and I don't want it to impact my guests. 

JC4
Level 2
LA, CA

My case keeps being referred to a “special group”, when it get there it’s is referred to “another group”.

So far, it’s being referred to 5 different groups and each one tells me the same “we don’t know, we cannot help”.