Los Angeles Property tax exemption claim

Sharon683
Level 10
Los Angeles, CA

Los Angeles Property tax exemption claim

Happy New Year!  I not sure if this is the section to ask this questions.  I'm live in Los Angeles and I was denied by the LA Host Compliance for my 2023 annual STR.   The Host Compliance stated it must indicate on my  supplemental property tax form  I have applied for the Homeowners property tax exemption claim.  I have never heard of it before.   I found out it was a claim to lower your property taxes by $50 to $70 dollars annually.  Sounds great, but unfortunately, the office worker informed me they were behind processing the claims and it could take up to 14 months.  I was livid!  14 months! I asked if there was a way they could rush the application, but the staff stated they were still completing 2021 claims.  Has anyone had this problem who resides in Los Angeles?  If so will Host Compliance accept a receipt documenting I applied for the exemption?  Imp so frustrated.   HELP!

7 Replies 7
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hello @Sharon683 ,

Yes, you have landed at the correct place for asking your queries. Did you manage to find any information regarding this?

Can’t find what you’re searching for? start a conversation

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

No I have not been successful with a LA group.

Check out this group on Facebook: Los Angeles Airbnb Host Community 

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

I would suggest you post on your local LA host group they are much more likely to know @Sharon683 

There is no LA group.  I could never find one.  I checked the community forum but nothing specifically for LA.  No meet up groups or anything.  Sad

Hi We have a LA Airbnb hosts groupe on Facebook.

I posted on LA Airbnb FB.  No answers so far. 

Thanks