Missing Payouts, Has this happened to anybody else?

Susan723
Level 4
Cocoa, FL

Missing Payouts, Has this happened to anybody else?

Any other hosts experiencing missing payments from Airbnb? It first happened to me earlier this year. It was just one payment that time and only a few hundred dollars. After 3 days and receiving no notice of payout I called and spent hours on the email and phone with airbnb. They finally acknowledged their error and issued the payment. For my hours of trouble they sent me a coffee mug. This time the missing payouts total nearly $2k. I have already spent much time trying to get it corrected. So far I am just getting the "we are checking into it" email message. The original rep I spoke with acknowledged to me that there was a mistake made. So now I just get to sit and wait for them to hopefully correct their error again. I wonder if I will get another coffee mug. Frankly I would rather just timely get my payouts and without having to waste hours of my time to get them. Anyway just wondering if this is happening to other hosts and also a heads up to other hosts to be sure to keep track of your payouts.

375 Replies 375

This is the first time happening to me. I started hosting in December. Guests stayed one night, did not get payout and the amount disappeared from my account and transaction history.  Tried calling and online chat with Airbnb yesterday and still haven't heard back from them.

@Dan12797 Have you been contacted yet?  Having same issue.  Guest checked in Thursday, out Saturday.  Friday afternoon my payout total for the month decreased without a cancellation and now the payout for that stay is no where to be found in transaction history.  Spoke with the generic answering team who claims to have escalated my issue to Billing.  Still no informative answer.  No call back.  Only generic messages.  

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

Also, following on what Robin said, every once in a while click on 'Security', and IF you notice a 'strange' log in from a place you didn't log from. Yes the Airbnb system can be hacked and payments diverted, and yes Airbnb will make good on it and not show much alarm, though what goes on behind the scenes may be a whole other story. 

Susan723
Level 4
Cocoa, FL

Hello Rob. Perhaps I was not clear above. The payouts are not listed in my transaction history or included in my monthly total. The transaction history shows last/past payout of June 30 and next future payout on July 7. These missing payouts were for July 1 check in. The guests did indeed check in on July 1 (2 groups of guests for 2 separate listings) and are still at the properties.  They are reflected on my calendar but NOT in the transaction history. Just the same as what happened earlier this year...only this time substantially more money. Sure would like to get Airbnb to correct their error. Going on three days now and no reply from the representative who is looking into it.

Then it sounds like it is indeed an 'error', eventually you be send to a department that has the power to correct such mistakes. Btw, AirbnbTwitter is your best approach. Good luck.

Susan723
Level 4
Cocoa, FL

Abnb has acknowledged that there was an error and that they are working on correcting it. From my perspective I am out nearly $2k until they figure it out. I am on day 3 now and was just advised this morning that I should give airbnb at least another day to correct their error. Airbnb is in the same fiduciary position as a bank.  When I make a transaction at my bank I don't run home and check that the transaction was posted. I should be able to have the same level of trust in airbnb handling my money that I do in my bank. Unfortunately now that airbnb has twice lost my payouts I feel I have to scrutinize every transaction. That is an unfortunate burden for a host. 

Jawad10
Level 2
Ma'an Governorate, Jordan

I am scrutinizing but even with this lots happened and not resolved. The same happened to me since April this year 2019. Nothing resolved yet even with too many phone calls and emails. no one is helping. hope I can reach the headquarter to understand what is going on. I am keeping documents of everything. Any suggestions or email and contacts of a person who is responsible to solve this issue. The amount is almost 3k. Airbnb looks volatile and you can not contact them. the only thing we do is contacting a community or some people who are not helping at all. Airbnb is collapsing. 

Joe434
Level 2
Houghton, MI

Same thing happened here, over $1200 totally misssing, contacted Airbnb, they said they made this payout, but can not provide any proof. 

Hi joe , have the same problem exactly , 5k didn’t arrived . 

Did you get your missing payout? 

can you share some info 

Joe434
Level 2
Houghton, MI

From Airbnb "It looks like this is a known technical issue that our engineers are working around the clock to get resolved. I'm going to escalate your case over to them as well.

I can assure you that you will receive your payout. I apologize for the delay."

I too have not received payment from Airbnb, for a guest who checked in on July 1st, 2018.  As Susan mentioned above, there is nothing in the transaction history.  The guests name does not appear under "completed or upcoming payouts".  I also did not receive the usual Airbnb email for payment being sent to my account.

I have talked to two CS reps and waisted alot of time on the phone, they say they will email me with details on the payout date, but they do not.  When I mentioned that this guests name does not appear in the transaction history one CS rep then admitted there was a bug.  I find this alarming that we have to closely track all our Airbnb payments and that we are getting no notification from Airbnb that they have a problem.  In my case the nonpayment is just for July 1st; payments for June 30 and July 4 appear to have gone through.

Melanie189
Level 3
Knoxville, TN

I too am waiting for payout for my July 1st check in.  Anyone know the latest development on this situation? 

David1291
Level 2
Powell Butte, OR

To join the recent gang, I also am missing a payment with a check in of July 1st for 3 nights.  Have been in contact with CS and they clam they released the payment.  As others have said, I did not get the email saying the payment was released.  In my transaction history, the reservation is completely missing.  Nothing has shown up on my banking account that the payment is pending.  I have gotten the standard "we will get back to you" with no replies back.  I have tried phone calls, emails and twitter and no results or even an admission of error on BnB's part.

Earlier on the thread I answered one person but YES ! starting July 1st Airbnb has received a hack it's disrupting large dollar amounts (payouts only) $1,000 or more. I am going to be reaching out to Michael Finney with 7 On Your Side (415) 954-8151..... who is a local San Francisco Bay Area investigative team who will get to the bottom of it and expose the problem. Airbnb should spend more on their data security there headquarter is right in the Bay Area.... my wife sells network security and they believe "their Engineers' can handle themselves rather than having proper penetration tests, security software,  etc.  Basically going about it like a financial institution would?  Oh and by the way I'm out $3,200 for the 5-day stay at our fourth of July Independence Day week in Lake Tahoe

I am sure 'this 'Michael' will have a lot of positive suggestions how to fix it, since he is on 'our' side. I had 17k issue with Airbnb and took them a week to straighten out, things happen, it is not like Airbnb is taking off with the money or denying the mistake.