More confused than ever!! COVID

Kerry14
Level 3
Newquay, United Kingdom

More confused than ever!! COVID

So ... Airbnb are letting guests cancel in the UK up to July 31st. Government says yesterday accommodation can reopen 4th July subject to some guidelines. 

2 households can stay over night in the same house no rules about bathrooms

etc. 

But today’s advice or “clarification of the rules” saying that accommodation could only open if have one bathroom per guest room - unless you’re a campsite which has shared bathrooms for lots of people as long as they are kept clean?!?!? 

I can host one household at my place, or 2 households or no one as I don’t have one bathroom per bedroom? 

This is like torture. I don’t qualify for government hand out and obviously not a mythical Airbnb grant - but have been threatened with an unlimited fine by the local council as a “business” due to the fact I let a key worker’s daughter self isolate for free at my place (one person - 4 bed house - do the math!!) and my neighbours reported me as having holiday makers staying! 

Wonder if they knew I’d lost my job and was living in a tent which is why I started renting to make ends meet - and now in danger of being back in a tent with no rentals - they’d have reported me or if they thought I was one of these “out of town folk” that they’re raging about online and making tourists feel unwelcome. 

Does anybody have anywhere I could find some clarity about the “rules” or “guidelines” and if it’s not the law can they actually fine me like I’ve been threatened anyway. 

32 Replies 32
Trevor243
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@StephanieAwww, you missed me! When lockdown started, I took someone's advice and started Brooklyn Nine Nine ..... 3 months later I think I finished Netflix!

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Trevor243  - the next series is on 4OD 😄

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Yadira22
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Trevor243 Amazing. I discovered South Korean dramas! In love... like telenovelas but shorter! 🙂