Payout not received

Payout not received

I have now read some of the other Hosts responses and I am aware of the problems that Airbnb seem to have with regard to issuing Host payments!

Our story is all too similar, in that, we hosted a lovely couple for 1 week in February.  As soon as the booking was confirmed, we received an email flagging a US tax compliance issue.  Well, I don't know about everyone else but we must have supplied at least ID's, proof of address and filled out a number of tax compliance forms at least 4 times!  Each time, I rang to confirm they received the information and asked whether it was correct or worst still, I received emails to say all was well with the Account status.   But they waited until we received a confirmed booking to start the requests for information all over again!!

Again, with each step of the process, I rang and asked for an account status update to be told either yes all is fine or that they needed to escalate my case. The standard response seems to be ...“rest assured your case has been escalated to the relevant department and someone will be in touch via email” but still they cannot tell me which department it is being escalated to; or have a contact name that is likely to deal with the case.

Their system,  seems to have a problem dealing with information outside of the USA or EU and the "other" option falls over at the start with an error message: 

“Tax info is not available for your country

We’ll let you know when this feature is available in the country where you host. Learn more about supported countries.

Back to Taxes”     

That is a direct cut and paste from that tax compliance webpage!

I tried to get around the system with the advice of one of the Customer service team  - whom shared only half of the information on how to place VAT and Local tax information within each individual listing! I had to figure out the other 50% to get the job done! So, you can imagine my frustration after the reps fobbed me off with ....Yes the funds are released. Please give it 24-48 hours  to receive it. Only to find that 2-3 weeks later, it is still not received!   All this happened after countless phone calls BEFORE the guest arrived, trying to establish whether our tax status was in order...I even suggested that if there was a problem, it might be best to cancel the booking and relocate the person elsewhere because I did not want anyone staying with us without payment!  The irony of it all!! Now I cannot get any response from anyone. I have two (what suspect to be ) non-existent ticket/case numbers; no answers to emails or conversation threads. I've even attempted to contact a director of Airbnb to no avail.  This is a scam, falsehood and a con!   Airbnb if you are having problems with your compliance software/ have payout problems or are consolidating payouts on a monthly basis without our knowledge, my goodness, SAY SO!!! Keeping us in the dark or sending us around in circles with your vague responses or not responding to telephone calls, emails or conversation threads is concealment of the obvious problems you are having and, in my book, it is tantamount to misleading and lying to your Hosts!

Do better Airbnb and Hosts be on your guard as to what is happening!                                                                                                                                             

4 Replies 4
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Cumbers-Tropical-Apartments0 ,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with your payments. It's understandable to feel this way when you feel you have provided all the necessary information multiple times.

Please be assured that I have made sure to raise your issue with the related team if they can provide updates. 

Somebody will reach out to you for the same!

Can’t find what you’re searching for? start a conversation

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

No not quite.  The problem lies with me logging information about the Owner in the Uk and his business in Barbados.  He is a sole proprietor, so I believe it's his details that need to be input, but the VAT information is obviously for Barbados and not the UK.  I have asked the question how this can be logged and not got a reply as yet.

Good day to you Bhumika,

This is an update on our current position.

We have re-submitted all the relevant compliance information. An email was sent to advise us that compliance was complete and that normal payments are resumed.  Only to receive a further email asking us to supply a further two pieces of ID information and proof of business confirmation!  It was then that we received a vague message to say that our details will continue to be reviewed and that Airbnb would let us know if they needed more information.

That was on the 6th March.  We waited patiently until today - 14 March 2023! Which is adequate time for any company to review details and respond. Nothing!

It would appear that we can no longer respond in the conversation thread, as there is no longer a response box attached.  In fact, it appears that the conversation no longer shows within the normal inbox, I have to find it through a link in our business email inbox. Curious....I guess they feel that the case is now closed! Huh??? All I need to know is WHEN we will get paid now that Airbnb has every shred of personal and company information asked for and repeatedly requested.  It is obvious that we are being sent around in circles and Airbnb are payment stalling. Shame on you Airbnb! Pay what is due!!!!!

Hey @Cumbers-Tropical-Apartments0 ,

Thanks for coming back and letting us know! I too have nudged the team if they can help here and provide some updates. In case I get to know anything, will make sure to get back to you.

Can’t find what you’re searching for? start a conversation

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines