Payout to a closed account

Bee-And-Ralph0
Level 2
Tisbury, United Kingdom

Payout to a closed account

I am experiencing a nightmare atm with Airbnb. They have been paying funds into a closed bank account that I didn't update in my settings. They now owe me around £4,000. It is impossible to speak to anyone in the payment department (they don't take calls) and I can only communicate on email which takes them days to reply to and even then with the wrong information.

My bank have told me that as the bank account is closed they cannot have received the funds and the money would just bounce back, but Airbnb tell me they want proof from my bank that they returned the money! Impossible as the money never landed there.

PLEASE if anyone can help me or give advice id be so grateful. This is the most dreadful service from Airbnb

5 Replies 5
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Bee-And-Ralph0 Actually many banks put funds like this into suspension accounts. Certainly worth getting the bank to put its position in writing to you - You might find it changes its story.

Many thanks for the reply. I’ve asked my bank and there is no suspension account. I will ask if they can put this in writing though. 
my frustration apart from not receiving my money (this has been going on since November) is the terrible communication. I have a feeling that if the shoe was on the other foot and I owed them it would not be anything like this! 

Airbnb I mean

Hi, how did this turn out. Same thing is happening to me right now.

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Anna16200 and welcome to our Community Center,

Would you like to share a few more details of your case? This way, our Hosts can offer their suggestions.

To gain more visibility and increase the chances of receiving a response, I recommend starting a new conversation here, seeking advice on your situation.

Regards,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad