Phone # for Trust and Safety Department?

Sloan1
Level 1
Fort Worth, TX

Phone # for Trust and Safety Department?

Does anyone have the number of a human at Trust and Safety?

I've been getting no replies for 23 days.  The people who answer the phone when you call the main number say they can only elevate the issue as "Urgent." I've done that TWICE already and no response. I asked for a manager in CSR and she said there was nothing she could do.

I'm in some kind of workflow software loop where I don't belong to anyone (There is still no case manager assigned after 23 days of my calls & messages) and no one will take the initiative.  

40 Replies 40
Alathea0
Level 2
Detroit, MI

Having a similar problem getting in touch with the ever elusive “trust and safety department.”  I had a guest book one of my listings for a whole week and payment never went through.  They also broke furniture and stole some things. The furniture and stolen things I filed a claim for immediately and got reimbursed for most of it but we still never received the $500+ for lodging payout.  I’ve called probably 6-8 times and keep getting the same response.  They “escalate the case” but no case manager assigned and no one ever contacts me.  They don’t have and email or phone number for trust and safety department or any other departments for that matter.  If anyone has any tips on how to handle this case please let us know!

I have the same issue now. It is so frustrating!

Ryan1918
Level 2
KCMO, MO

I think it is appalling that Airbnb has an untouchable Trust and Safe program that is directly making decisions impacting their business partners. It is an awful policy geared toward Airbnb not required to be accountable.

Our main listing was deactivated by the Trust and Safety Department because our listing contained the following language "No events for greater than the number on your reservation without our pre-approval".

This listing is a big source of our income.

We are experiencing the same level of customer service. It was suggested that we contact the San Francisco Attorney General and file a complaint; has anybody else tried this?

Liv
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Julia--Ann-and-Michael0,

Sorry to hear about that situation. I have enquired about your case internally and the CS team has asked you to get in touch with them so they can look into it.

I hope this helps and that the issue is solved soon.

Thanks,

Liv

Emi1
Level 2
Santa Cruz, CA

I'm in a similar situation, the Safety department has remained unresponsive. I unlisted my place. Should Airbnb fail to provide support, I will delete my listing permanently at the end of the month.

I escalated my concerns to the Safety department after a guest cancelled his reservation, and messaged me with threats of breaking into my home to extort a refund, while suggesting that he knows how to use guns. The Safety department never called back.

I reported the threatening message. I called Airbnb several times, I messaged Airbnb support, requesting a call back from the safety department and from a supervisor. I have not received a call back from either the safety department or the supervisor, it's been 3 weeks now. My ticket was closed out without explanation. I had to call Airbnb to reopen my ticket. No plan of action was ever communicated to me. Support said that there is nothing they can do to help, that all they can do is escalate, while the escalation process remains unresponsive.

Airbnb never called the guest to deescalate. To the contrary, Airbnb encouraged his behavior by giving him the option to retaliate with a review. Airbnb declined to remove the review unless it is published. The guest had never checked in or seen my home, and I'm confused as to why Airbnb does not protect hosts from retaliation.

Airbnb misrepresented the cancellation policy by telling the guest that the refund was up to the host. They encouraged the guest to contact me directly, and the misrepresentation escalated into threats. I don't understand why Airbnb redirected the guest to me. Now I have to deal with this on my own without support from Airbnb. This is not right.

I have been a super host for the past 6 years. I paid Airbnb a lot of money for services I never received. When a guest cancels, I pay Airbnb (1) to handle cancellations themselves, (2) to enforce the cancellation policy, (3) to remind the guest that he signed the cancellation policy, (4) to explain the protocol about refund under extenuating circumstances, (5) to deescalate, (6) to enforce the policy about extortion and retaliation.

Instead, Airbnb misrepresents policies and refund as up to the host, and exposes hosts to extortion, harassment, threats, and retaliation from the guest. I consulted the thousands of complaints against Airbnb on BBB. Almost all of them come from guests who are frustrated with the cancellation policies. I'm concerned that the ongoing misrepresentation by Support makes Airbnb liable for any retaliation from the guest. There is a strong correlation between cancellation policy and retaliatory reviews.

Airbnb designs contribute heavily into this problem. The ux flows fail to collect a clear consent from the guest about the cancellation policy. Guests seem unaware of the cancellation policy until they complete the cancellation flow. The poor design experience creates misunderstanding and frustration from the guest, and this ultimately exposes hosts to extortion and retaliation.

I think that Airbnb should consider solving this problem with better designs and support protocols. When a host is threatened by a guest, the safety department must call back immediately. When a guest makes a reservation, they should sign the cancellation policy.  When a guest wants to cancel, they should be reminded about the cancellation policy, and acknowledge that they lose their eligibility for refund unless under extenuating circumstances. There should be no misunderstanding or frustration from the guest about the refund. As part of the cancellation flow, the guest should confirm if they checked-in or not, so that they aren't given the option to leave a review about a place they never saw.

Yes, airbnb owes me over $7K and this is not their first error for misdirecting my payment to a fraudulent Payoneer account. The Airbnb support message board and customer service by phone is outsourced.  If anyone has a way to contact their trusts team please share as it seems like you have to take outside measures.

Hello @Jacqueline1205 , have a look online using related keywords to the issue that you are facing, including using the words Airbnb under "News'', you may find some names in amongst there who is in charge of Trust and Safety.

You should also request a copy of your full and complete Airbnb file and track it back to where this problem arose.

Make sure you report it to the Police because who is to know who else has had fraud with their accounts and monies.

All the best

Susan1151
Level 2
Itacaré, Brazil

Hi, was this resolved in the end?

Teri5
Level 2
Avon, CO

So, here is my story in response to Airbnb claiming my hacked AirBNB account is a "glitch."

This isn’t a “glitch,” as customer service wants to characterize. The issue with my AirBNB account is the result of a hack perpetrated through Channex. io an API provider for AirBNB. I had never heard of this channel until your support team on Saturday, Jan 20 wrote to me telling me  I had made changes to my AirBNB account through that channel. I don’t have an account at Channex and never made the changes to my AirBNB account your support team identified.

It wasn’t until I was forced to prove to your support team that I hadn’t made those changes (browser history and IP address) that support finally accepted that the instant booking to my account was a result of the hack to my AirBNB account and agreed to remove the erroneous booking. Until then, they wanted to claim the double booking was my error and that they weren’t responsible. Whoever hacked my account not only turned on instant booking, but also disconnected my calendars, thereby allowing double bookings.

Your support team advised me, in writing, that they turned off instant booking. Tonight I received another instant booking that again has me double booked. The reservation is in the name of Lindsay Carr. I have advised her of the situation. I request AGAIN that this reservation be removed by AirBNB.

Each time I reach out to customer support (via the platform and phone), I get a response telling me they are sorry my account was compromised and they have sent me a password reset link. Then I am told my account is now safe and secure.

MY ACCOUNT IS NOT SAFE AND SECURE. The hacker from Channex .io  installed property management software onto my AirBNB account that has taken control of my calendar and not allowed me to make changes to the calendar. It appears this software also has the ability to turn instant booking back on. I just turned it off … again.

I have pointed your support team and the Trust team to exactly where the issue is and they want to tell me it is a “glitch.” It’s not a glitch. It’s a well executed hack and I am telling you where to go to fix it.

So again, if the issue with the hack via Channex is not corrected within the next 24 hours, and if I do not have full control of my Airbnb account, as I have for the past 11 years as a host, I will be sending a copy of this correspondence to those identified above and commence legal action."

Has anyone ever found a way to get in touch with the Trust & Safety Department? After reading all of these stories, maybe I should give up on Airbnb and remove my investment from the platform.