Please tell me how to get hold of someone at Airbnb authorised to sort a faulty chargeback on my account.

Emma582
Level 2
Scotland, United Kingdom

Please tell me how to get hold of someone at Airbnb authorised to sort a faulty chargeback on my account.

I am reaching out now to community centre as I have about 12 threads with Airbnb online trying to resolve a problem whereby Airbnb cancelled one of my bookings 6 weeks after the guest checked in (for a 9 week stay). The guest had paid the first month and no more so the entire booking was cancelled and the guest left (me 2 weeks out of pocket but hey ho).  However when Airbnb cancelled the booking they incorrectly took back the £3,178 the guest had paid for the first month.  Now they are withholding payment from my future guests until they make up this money.  Problem is the £3,178 was paid for a stay where the guest stayed.  It should not have been collected back.  I can not get anyone at Airbnb to authorise this to be corrected so up till last week had had  5 guests stay for 'free', or 'on me'.     This is because although the guests were paying Airbnb they in turn weren't releasing it to me. I can't go on hosting for free so I have unlisted my 4 properties to stop anyone booking with me and am currently asking guests to go elsewhere and cancelling them as I can't host them until this is resolved.  My question.  How on EARTH do you get to speak to anyone at Airbnb who can authorise this correction on my account.  I have a thread where they say they will do this but it was over a week ago. Nothing has happened.  My conversations get closed and I can't speak to a manager high enough up to authorise this.  Airbnb won't let me..... I do not know what to do.  I have been a Superhost since 2014 and 3rd generation of my family in the business of letting our farm properties.  I know what I am doing !  I am not new to this business. Thanks for any advice anyone. Emma 

16 Replies 16
Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Emma582,

I am glad to hear that you were re-paid.  Did Airbnb also remove the cancellation penalties from your account?  Do you have your 4 properties listed on any other platforms?

Emma582
Level 2
Scotland, United Kingdom

HI Debra,

Yes, they refunded me all the cancellation penalties that I accrued as none of them were my fault.  As far as I know they are totally off my account now.

I am now listing elsewhere as well and we will just have to see how it goes.