Rboy Issues and Alternatives

Rboy Issues and Alternatives

I use Rboy apps with Smartthings for all of my rentals with zwave schlage locks.  As of 1/1/23, the apps stopped working because of a Smartthings upgrade and the need to "migrate" old apps to the new system.  It has been almost two months, and the rboy apps are all still unusable. When I contact their support, I get the same canned response that talks about the migration.  Are there any alternatives that you use to automate your locks?  I liked how rboy synced with my calendars, generated unique codes, and activated/deactived the codes at specified check-in/out times.  I'm getting into my busy season next month, and this is going to become a big issue for us if I can't get rboy apps working again or find an alternative.  I appreciate any suggestions.

2 Replies 2
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hey @Christopher375 ,

Were you able to find any alternatives or get this specific issue resolved with the concerned company's support channels?

If you would like to offer any advice to other members, just in case they run into similar issues!

Can’t find what you’re searching for? start a conversation

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

I use the Kwikset Halo smart lock with security keypad. It works well but it really goes through the batteries. I have to replace 4 AAs about once every other month or just shy of that. App works well for programming and setting specific dates for codes, adding multiple codes etc.