State Sales Tax

Answered!

State Sales Tax

We are new to this and our accountant told me to keep track of the sales tax amounts to submit quarterly. Where do I find the sales tax for each reservation?

1 Best Answer
Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Heidi778  The taxes that your guests are charged are your Sales and Use taxes, occupancy taxes, etc.

When you accept a guest reservation, the amount that the guest is paying in taxes should be listed.  There is also a report that you can print. I print out every possible report for my accountant, and I also keep my own spreadsheet.

If Airbnb is collecting those taxes, you will find which ones they are collecting on your tax page.  The page will not tell you what each percentage is, so ask your accountant.

For example, my guests pay

state sales and use tax 4.75%

county sales and use tax 2.25%

municipal lodging tax 6%

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Heidi778 ,

Did you manage to get a hold of any information around this?

Not quite sure, but I thought to share this article just in case it might help: Where can I find what guests will pay? 

Also reaching out to @Lorna170 if she can shed some light here for you!

Can’t find what you’re searching for? start a conversation

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Heidi778  The taxes that your guests are charged are your Sales and Use taxes, occupancy taxes, etc.

When you accept a guest reservation, the amount that the guest is paying in taxes should be listed.  There is also a report that you can print. I print out every possible report for my accountant, and I also keep my own spreadsheet.

If Airbnb is collecting those taxes, you will find which ones they are collecting on your tax page.  The page will not tell you what each percentage is, so ask your accountant.

For example, my guests pay

state sales and use tax 4.75%

county sales and use tax 2.25%

municipal lodging tax 6%