Refund Receipt

Refund Receipt

Hi,

I made a reservation on 9th of September on which I got fully charged. Immediately after that, I received multiple emails from Airbnb about:

• the cancellation of my booking.

• the removal of my account because it was somehow assessed as fraudulent activity.

• that I'd be refunded in 15 business days (I got two emails about this. One said 10 business days and the other 15, but whatever). The email also had a link to download the receipt although it did not work and display the message that my account was removed. 

Surely, I responded and asked for the reason why my account was somehow connected to fraudulent activity. Additionally, I wrote that the link to download the receipt was not working and shared with them the link of the recording. 

It's 4th of October and I still did not get any refund or any clear answer. I wrote them to send me the receipt in order me to show it in the bank and ask them why there is no money transferred. First they asked me to share with them the confirmation number which I did. Now they are handing over my case to some other guy/department. It seems for me that they just embezzled my money.

What should I do? 

p.s. I booked the same apartment on booking, went there and stayed without any problem. So, it was not the apartment issue but me. Though, what kind of the fraudulent activity is that when I had the money and I don't have it anymore, I don't know.

2 Replies 2
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Goga13 

As you do not own an account, maybe try Twitter (@AirbnbHelp) and ask for assistance on the issue.

Hi,

As appeared the funds were blocked by my bank because it was assessed suspicious due to the fact that it was transferred back immediately. I had to show them the chat and payment code which I got recently from Airbnb in order to release the fund.

Thanks for the reply anyway.