Request for Advice on Speeding Up the Legal Process for Damage Incurred During a Customer's Event at My House

Tuğkan-Berke0
Level 2
İstanbul, Turkey

Request for Advice on Speeding Up the Legal Process for Damage Incurred During a Customer's Event at My House

On February 28th, one of my customers organized an event at my house. Unfortunately, during the event, there were several incidents of damage and violation of house rules. I discovered that the cleaning company had damaged some of my products, and there were alcohol bottles and sexually explicit items left in every room of the house. Additionally, smoking is strictly prohibited inside the house, and there is a penalty for it, but the guests had filled glasses with water and cigarette butts and threw them in, damaging my carpet.

Given the extent of the damage, I applied for aircover, but the customer refused to take responsibility. I wrote to the customer on WhatsApp and informed them that I will legally defend my rights. Later, the client admitted that their friends were drunk and caused the damages, and I have confessions as proof.

As the process is taking too long, I'm looking for ways to speed it up. Could you please advise me on the best course of action to resolve this issue as soon as possible?

9 Replies 9
Tuğkan-Berke0
Level 2
İstanbul, Turkey

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hey @Tuğkan-Berke0 , 

Appreciate you for helping us notice your issue!

As you know, Airbnb has several
 processes in place to address such situations, and it appears that you have already contacted our Customer Support team. 

It might
take some time to reach out to concerned parties and reach a conclusion on such matters. Please be assured that the Support team will contact you as soon as a resolution is reached.

Can’t find what you’re searching for? start a conversation

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Thank you very much. I realize that the normal procedure may be long and time consuming. I was just wondering if the transactions could be faster since the client confessed to his guilt

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Tuğkan-Berke0 there is every possibility that your listing will be suspended if you haven't taken every action possible to avoid parties. 

Secondly any Aircover payout will be a depreciated amount so you won't get the full price of replacement items

Thirdly Airbnb will not charge guests fines even if they are in your listing

Fourthly you may be better claiming under your own insurance as Aircover is NOT an insurance policy.

sorry. I did not understand what you said. that is, when the customer damages his home, extra cleaning, and creates odor problems in the house. Aircover won't cover it?

Kind regards
Tugkan

@Tuğkan-Berke0 I thought you were an expert on Airbnb. Have you actually read the terms and conditions of Aircover?

Do you have your own insurance? If so I would claim on it if I were you?

First of all, I have read all the aircover articles and I am well-versed in this subject. but you say that aircover will not cover the damage caused by the customer. Please don't misinform people. Whether or not I have my own insurance is a matter of my choice. but as a superhost using airbnb, I applied for help covering aircover. what is wrong with that?

Please read

https://www.airbnb.com/aircover-for-hosts

@Tuğkan-Berke0 You appear to have read the Airbnb marketing info re Aircover. If you really want to understand it then read the terms and conditions which include the exclusions.

Key among these are the word MAY in the phrase Airbnb may pay out.... It doesn't say WILL.

Also if an old stove, say 10 years old, is destroyed then the depreciated value is likely to be zero so no payout will be made.

Yes your own insurance is your choice but please don't expect Aircover to give you the protection afforded by a decent insurance policy.

I am aware. It has not been a year since I bought the products I mentioned. and my request was below normal demand. I wanted an amount below the actual price. and the client admitted that he did