Software (all-in-one management system)

Software (all-in-one management system)

Dear Community,

I would like to connect a software (All-in-One Management System) with my two houses on Airbnb. At the same time, I have also listed these two houses on Vrbo, Traumferienwohnungen, Booking.com, and Atraveo (e-Domizil).

Has anyone used such a system? What has been your experience, and which software offers the best value for money?

My main concern is the handling of security deposits. I would like the deposits to be managed directly through this tool, with the option to receive them either in cash or transferred directly to my account, rather than being processed through Airbnb. In case there is any damage to the house, I want to be able to deduct the respective amount from the deposit directly, without having to wait for Airbnb to ask a thousand questions and then only cover half of it. I would, of course, inform the guests accordingly on my Airbnb listing so that they are aware prior to booking.

Thank you.

Best regards.

1 Reply 1

Hi Leon,

It's great that you're looking to streamline your operations with an all-in-one management system, especially since you’re managing multiple properties across different platforms. There are several Property Management Systems (PMS) and Channel Managers that can handle multi-platform listings and have robust features for managing security deposits.

1. Hostfully: This software offers a comprehensive all-in-one solution. It integrates with Airbnb, Vrbo, Booking.com, and more. Hostfully allows you to manage security deposits directly through their platform, giving you the flexibility to charge, hold, and release deposits as needed. You can choose to accept deposits via credit card or other payment methods, which gives you control over handling potential damages.

2. Guesty: Another popular choice among hosts, Guesty offers extensive integration capabilities with various booking platforms. It has a feature for managing security deposits, where you can automate pre-authorization of a guest's credit card for the deposit. This approach makes it easier to handle disputes or damages without going through the booking platforms.

3. Lodgify: Lodgify is known for its user-friendly interface and seamless integration with multiple channels. They provide tools for automating deposit collection and refund processes. Lodgify supports custom payment solutions, meaning you can directly charge guests for deposits and handle any deductions for damages.

4. Smoobu: This tool is a cost-effective option that covers channel management, booking engine, and deposit handling. Smoobu enables you to collect and manage security deposits outside the Airbnb platform, offering flexibility in how deposits are taken and refunded.

Experience and Recommendations:

• Hostfully and Guesty are widely regarded for their comprehensive features and support, especially for handling security deposits and damage claims. Both systems allow you to keep security deposits off the Airbnb platform, which can be advantageous in terms of flexibility and direct control.

• Lodgify is also well-regarded for its ease of use and integration capabilities, making it a good choice for hosts who want a straightforward yet effective solution for deposit management.

• Smoobu provides excellent value for money, especially if you're looking for a more affordable solution. It might lack some advanced features compared to Hostfully or Guesty, but it's still very capable and reliable for managing deposits.

Security Deposit Handling: Whichever system you choose, make sure to clearly state your security deposit policies in your Airbnb listing descriptions and booking confirmations. Transparency with guests about how deposits are handled, under what conditions deductions will be made, and the process for refunding the deposit can help prevent misunderstandings and disputes.

I hope this helps! 

All the best,

Upfish Management