Superhost Status Revoked

Superhost Status Revoked

I have had the Superhost status pretty much since I started hosting on Airbnb 3 years ago. My status was revoked this termm (April to June), stating I didn't have enough bookings. I had 8 out of 10 bookings April to June and one of those bookings was for a month. My overall star review is 4.87. The metrics make NO sense to me. It's been very busy the last 2 months  and that's great,  as the warmer months are when I get most of my booking, not many people visit my village in winter. Anyway, I "talked" with someone at support and the discussion was extremely frustrating as there was no reasonable explanation for revoking my Superhost status. The notion that the number of bookings rather than a percentage of days booked as an accurate way to collect data is ridiculous! Has anyone else had this experience and was it resolved in your favour? 

2 Replies 2
Shelley159
Level 10
Stellenbosch, South Africa

Hi @Shannon772 

I don't think you can present arguments and have superhost re-instated. There are very clear targets that you have to meet, and if you don't meet all of them you're not a superhost for that period. But at the next review you can return to superhost, you just need to meet the targets again. Here are the criteria:

https://www.airbnb.co.za/help/article/829

Kimberly1100
Level 2
San Antonio, TX

Interesting, I just had someone book my room for 2 months for the first time. Sounds like you had enough. I would talk to a supervisor. It seems like since I became Superhost my support is terrible. They were great when I was a nobody. I told them that when I had an ongoing issue they kept saying was a tech issue and a ticket was submitted but I just had to wait until they get to me. Almost a month of no bookings! I finally asked for a supervisor. It was a simple 2 minute fix and something I did wrong when I updated my bedroom photos. 

In the meantime, I guess the work around I will do thanks to you mentioning this is unblock a night an have my guest rebook a night here and there during their stay. What a hassle! Luckily, these girls are adorable and love me and won't mind but that could be a real bother to other guests.