UNAUTHORIZED "Discover the Hidden Gem of Central America: Unforgettable Experiences Await in Antigua, Guatemala!"

Answered!
Craig790
Level 2
Miami, FL

UNAUTHORIZED "Discover the Hidden Gem of Central America: Unforgettable Experiences Await in Antigua, Guatemala!"

Dear fellow explorers,

I write to you today with a deep sense of passion and purpose. My heart beats for Guatemala, my birthplace, and a land that I am longing to call home once again. Specifically, I am dreaming of living in the charming city of Antigua, a UNESCO World Heritage Site that has captured the hearts of countless travelers from all around the world.

Antigua is a coffee lover's paradise, a hub of creative energy, and a place where the spirit of indigenous cultures still thrives. From the bustling markets to the cozy cafes, from the artisan shops to the stunning architecture, Antigua is a treasure trove of experiences waiting to be discovered.

But here's the thing: despite the fact that Guatemala welcomed over 2.6 million tourists in 2019, there is not a single experience available to AirBnB guests in Guatemala ( El Salvador, Nicaragua, or Honduras. While Costa Rica, Belize, and Panama have a few), my beloved Guatemala is missing out on the opportunity to showcase its beauty and culture to the world.

I reached out to AirBnB customer support, and they directed me to a generic feedback form for hosting an experience. But I believe there is more I can do. I believe that with more collective passion and determination, I/we can help bring Antigua and Guatemala to the forefront of AirBnB's offerings.

Perhaps you know of a connection at AirBnB's marketing department who can help me pitch the idea of including experiences in Antigua and Guatemala. Maybe you have had a similar experience and can share your insights and strategies with me. Whatever it may be, I humbly ask for your support.

Gracias!

p.s. @Ken1781 asked the same question back in 2019. No one answered. 

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Experiences-in-new-locations-Antigua-Guatemala/td-p/1167748

1 Best Answer
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Craig790 ,

Thanks for sharing your suggestions regarding Experiences, I have made sure to pass them on to the relevant teams.

After reading the conversation below it seems you would have already been redirected to the feedback form to fill in these suggestions, but if not, please feel free to add your suggestions here: https://www.airbnb.co.uk/help/feedback for the Airbnb team.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

View Best Answer in original post

10 Replies 10
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hello @Craig790 

No sorry you need to do what everyone else does who wants to sell experiences through Airbnb and submit your experience to Airbnb for consideration.

nothing to stop you marketing your experience directly and through other platforms in the meantime.

Airbnb's marketing PR don't make decisions on experiences 

thanks @Helen3 

So what does AirBnB marketing/PR make their decisions on if not experiences?

On one hand "submit your experience to Airbnb for consideration" and on the other hand "Airbnb's marketing PR don't make decisions on experiences".  To me, the answer reads confusing. 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Airbnb's PR and marketing function is a corporate function of the business and its function is to promote the company to its stakeholders. 

It is not there to make operational decisions on whether those who submit 'experiences' to be listed on Airbnb are approved or not.  @Craig790 

With due regard, I think this is incorrect.  And I mean this with gratitude for you taking the time to reply too 🙂

Usually, the part of a publicly traded company that is responsible for promoting value to shareholders is the Investor Relations department, not the Marketing department.

The Investor Relations (IR) department is responsible for managing the communication between the company and its investors, including shareholders and potential investors. The primary goal of the IR department is to provide accurate and timely information to shareholders and investors that helps them make informed decisions about investing in the company's stock.

The IR department is responsible for producing and distributing financial reports, such as quarterly earnings reports, annual reports, and SEC filings. They also organize investor meetings, conference calls, and other events where management can discuss the company's financial performance and answer questions from investors.

While the Marketing department may play a role in promoting the company's products and services to customers, their focus is not on promoting value to shareholders. The primary responsibility of the Marketing department is to generate revenue and promote the company's brand, rather than managing the communication between the company and its investors.

See Airbnb Support response below.  

**[Private conversation removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Having headed up marketing and PR functions for international and national companies for most of my career I have a fairly good idea of what we do @Craig790 

Our key function is to market the company to its stakeholders ie governments, the public, the media, investors etc

We do not get involved in operational issues such as considering whether an individual supplier is approved to offer a non marketing service to the company. 

But hey if you think otherwise contact Airbnb's PR people and ask them 🙂 

Credentialism is meaningless to me.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Craig790 Airbnb has currently suspended any new experiences. It is not clear to us mere mortals why they have taken this action . If they open up for new experiences again perhaps they will tell us but I wouldn't hold your breath.

You're kidding me.  It's across all cities and countries?   Assuming there is some kind of legal issue behind this.

EDIT:

https://www.airbnb.co.in/help/article/1581

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Craig790 ,

Thanks for sharing your suggestions regarding Experiences, I have made sure to pass them on to the relevant teams.

After reading the conversation below it seems you would have already been redirected to the feedback form to fill in these suggestions, but if not, please feel free to add your suggestions here: https://www.airbnb.co.uk/help/feedback for the Airbnb team.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Kevin1718
Level 2
Ashbourne, Ireland

It could be worst Antigua & Barbuda is not even recognised as a country by Airbnb